Ever saved anyone's life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only by sending someone to A&E who was having all the signs of a heart attack stood in the shop where I was working.

Turns out I was right and a week later he brought me in a bunch of flowers

I can imagine it must have been exciting but that surprises me.

I've talked someone out of suicide and known what to do when a mate overdosed until the paramedics got there but I'm not sure they would have died without me.
Wasn't really exciting, the van didn't show up until the last minute hence the leisurely jog. When I saw the van I just thought 'lucky I was here eh!'.

Talking someone out of suicide must be harrowing. Respect to those fellas who work for Samaritans. Fuck that for a job.

Pulled à team mates tongue out of his throat after he'd been clattered.
:eek:
kinell

Tell us of your heroic deeds. :cool:

Few years ago, street in Lewisham, London, saw a little African lass around 3 or 4 standing in the middle of the road, her Mother standing on the pavement with her hands up to her face trying to scream. I starts jogging towards them fearing the worst, looks up, sees a white van bearing down on the bairn at around 40mph. Gets there just in time, scoops her up into my arms, vans flies past behind me, I gets a bonk on my shoulder off the wing-mirror for my troubles.

Plonks the lass down on the pavement next to her mar, bends down and says.. "NEVER go in the road!", wagging my finger at her. Lass starts crying, Mar starts crying uttering thankyous. I just smile and walk off rubbing my shoulder.

I often wonder if they remember that day. I hope the little shite learned her lesson.

Kids :rolleyes: :D
At Lapland jumped into a pond to save a little baby who had fell in as her parents were too f***ing stoned to notice.

Only today someone was crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing and I braked and stopped my car. If I hadn't she would be dead now...what do I win?

Pulled a bloke from a burning building. Ran back in for his Mrs. She left him 4 years prior.
They said it was shock.
I said not to me he was a piss pot.

When that really heavy snow was around in 2010, me and my mate were in The Derby and fancied the town. I'd left my bank card in the house so we had a walk round. Just round the corner from my street we saw, what looked like a bag of clothes on the floor. Upon further inspection, we realised it was a person, almost buried in about 8 inches of snow. I picked him up, just thinking he was pissed when I realised his arms were covered in blood and he was unconscious.
I phoned 999 and we carried him to my house. We put him in the recovery position, tried to atem the blood flow and put a blanket over him, whilst still talking to the Emergency services and waiting for an ambulance. He came round and we were so instructed to keep him talking and found out he was only 17 and that his bird had finished him so he'd slashed his wrists with a whisky bottle.
Whilst awaiting the ambulance, we didn't know what to do and were in a bit of shock so I got a couple of cans from the fridge. Just as I sat back down, the Coppers turned up at the door and here's me and my mate having a lager with a lad in a bad way on my rug, looking like we were hosting one of Michael Barrymorr's parties.

Next, his mother arrives, screaming that she wants him sectioned and then, the Ambulance took him to Hospital. They thanked us and said he probably wouldn't have still been here if we hadn't taken him in.

I rang the Hospital next day to see how he was and he'd discharged himself. Hope the poor sod got the help he needed.

Tell us of your heroic deeds. :cool:

Few years ago, street in Lewisham, London, saw a little African lass around 3 or 4 standing in the middle of the road, her Mother standing on the pavement with her hands up to her face trying to scream. I starts jogging towards them fearing the worst, looks up, sees a white van bearing down on the bairn at around 40mph. Gets there just in time, scoops her up into my arms, vans flies past behind me, I gets a bonk on my shoulder off the wing-mirror for my troubles.

Plonks the lass down on the pavement next to her mar, bends down and says.. "NEVER go in the road!", wagging my finger at her. Lass starts crying, Mar starts crying uttering thankyous. I just smile and walk off rubbing my shoulder.

I often wonder if they remember that day. I hope the little shite learned her lesson.

Kids :rolleyes: :D

I was out on the piss, hammered, went home and crashed into bed. (Prolly after the match :lol:)
At 3am I heard a very dull banging on the wall. It turned out the old woman next door who lost her husband the year before had fallen over, broke her hip and was trapped between the wall and a bedside table since 9 am (so she'd been there for ~18 hours).
I called the police and they didn't want to f***ing know as there was no proven emergency! I called the ambulance and they asked me to call the police first. I was gobsmacked!
I had to call someone else to call the police because they didn't want to listen!
She was in utter hysterics when she was found, calling out for her dead husband, not aware where she was, in terrible pain, dehydrated.
No doubt she would have only lasted a few more hours like.

I never got much as a thank you. Although in this case I'm not much bothered.

It must have been divine intervention that I woke up from such a dull noise after I was hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back