Ever saved anyone's life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagzd1973

Winger
Tell us of your heroic deeds. :cool:

Few years ago, street in Lewisham, London, saw a little African lass around 3 or 4 standing in the middle of the road, her Mother standing on the pavement with her hands up to her face trying to scream. I starts jogging towards them fearing the worst, looks up, sees a white van bearing down on the bairn at around 40mph. Gets there just in time, scoops her up into my arms, vans flies past behind me, I gets a bonk on my shoulder off the wing-mirror for my troubles.

Plonks the lass down on the pavement next to her mar, bends down and says.. "NEVER go in the road!", wagging my finger at her. Lass starts crying, Mar starts crying uttering thankyous. I just smile and walk off rubbing my shoulder.

I often wonder if they remember that day. I hope the little shite learned her lesson.

Kids :rolleyes: :D

Tell us of your heroic deeds. :cool:

Few years ago, street in Lewisham, London, saw a little African lass around 3 or 4 standing in the middle of the road, her Mother standing on the pavement with her hands up to her face trying to scream. I starts jogging towards them fearing the worst, looks up, sees a white van bearing down on the bairn at around 40mph. Gets there just in time, scoops her up into my arms, vans flies past behind me, I gets a bonk on my shoulder off the wing-mirror for my troubles.

Plonks the lass down on the pavement next to her mar, bends down and says.. "NEVER go in the road!", wagging my finger at her. Lass starts crying, Mar starts crying uttering thankyous. I just smile and walk off rubbing my shoulder.

I often wonder if they remember that day. I hope the little shite learned her lesson.

Kids :rolleyes: :D
Was in the lazy river on hol a few weeks back, young bairn about 3-4 was in one of the rings, fell through the middle of it and under the ring and by the looks of it couldn’t swim. Her father was flapping round trying to get his fat arse out the ring so I swooped in, pulled the ring off the bairn and pulled her out the water. Few seconds later her father fell out of his ring and when he eventually surfaced I handed her over, the wanker didn’t even say thank you.

In the jobs I've had, yes definitely.

Outside of work - was on holiday years ago and two little kids were floating way out to sea in their little kids dinghy. They were so far out I could only just hear them crying and shouting. Looked around and couldn't see anyone who looked like they were their parents or even interested. Swam all the way out to them, a little Spanish lad about 6 and his younger sister, and pulled them back in. Took absolutely ages against the current!

Felt like a proper hero. Not one person seemed to see what had happened :lol:

Capped off several gas appliances in peoples homes that could have killed them if they had carried on using them if that counts? Apart from that don’t think so.

:eek: Jesus Christ. My heart would've been jumping out of my chest.

I just did what I had to do at the time and then rang for an ambulance. He was admitted to hospital with double pneumonia and it was a combination of his lungs almost being full of fluid and a fit due to his very high temperature that made him stop breathing.

I stopped at the hospital overnight. It was when he was peacefully sleeping and wired up on machines and a drip that it hit me and I started crying and shaking. Ended up sitting at the nurses station while they fussed over me until I calmed down again :oops:

I just did what I had to do at the time and then rang for an ambulance. He was admitted to hospital with double pneumonia and it was a combination of his lungs almost being full of fluid and a fit due to his very high temperature that made him stop breathing.

I stopped at the hospital overnight. It was when he was peacefully sleeping and wired up on machines and a drip that it hit me and I started crying and shaking. Ended up sitting at the nurses station while they fussed over me until I calmed down again :oops:
f***ing hell.

Worst my bairn has been through is almost ripping her ear off at school when she fell over and caught her ear on a kids coat-zip. I f***ing ran the 2-3 miles from home to school in a state of sheer panic.

If I found her not breathing.... fuck... I can't even imagine it. I suppose instincts would just kick in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back