Ever saved anyone's life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I stopped an old lady from falling down the escalator at Kings Corss tube station once. She'd got in a right pickle trying to get her suitcase on it with her and was toppling over backwards. No idea whether the fall would/could have been fatal but I don't imagine it would have done her much good.

You shouldn't have intervened. There's nothing funnier than old people falling over like.

My daughter was choking on a hot dog when she was two. Smacked her back a few times and it came out. Really hit her like, probably a bit too hard, she was crying after saying I hurt her but in the panic I just instinctively whacked her.

Saw a lass collapse on a dance floor after a heavy bout of popper sniffing in a nightclub in Newport. Was gonna go to her aid as she was fit but was beaten to it by a couple next to me. Thankfully the lass was ok and I done ok out of the spillage of coins from her handbag.

1997 in the Ministry of Sound's nightclubs main room at around 5am on a Sunday morning a girl fell off one of the speakers, banged her head on it before hitting the floor. She'd swallowed her tongue, I unblocked her airway did a bit of mouth to mouth a minute later she was backup dazed but ok her mates carted her off but all thanked me. I don't even remember her name, only she was blonde and pretty tidy plus at that time of the night the music is seriously loud. I just carried on dancing and helped myself to a few freebies from the witnesses :)

Yes a lad threatening to jump in front of s train on Reading station.
Mind you had a few beers in me which helped.

What was ironic a few years later the same lad spotted me when out with a few mates and shouted out that I had saved him from committing suicide.

1997 in the Ministry of Sound's nightclubs main room at around 5am on a Sunday morning a girl fell off one of the speakers, banged her head on it before hitting the floor. She'd swallowed her tongue, I unblocked her airway did a bit of mouth to mouth a minute later she was backup dazed but ok her mates carted her off but all thanked me. I don't even remember her name, only she was blonde and pretty tidy plus at that time of the night the music is seriously loud. I just carried on dancing and helped myself to a few freebies from the witnesses :)
It’s possible when someone is unconscious that they lose muscle tone around their jaw which can cause the tongue to block their airway. It’s physically impossible to swallow your tongue.

If any of you good Samaritans come across someone having a seizure, DO NOT stick your fingers in their mouth or you may lose them.

I saw a woman walk into the Tees next to the Newport Bridge and just float away. Unfortunately she drowned.
Watching next to me were a couple of coppers and on the news that night it said that they had risked their lives to jump in after her - they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back