ethan robson

That's fine, but his record suggests he is a top player in this division so if you don't think he's performing like that, surely that's on Jack Ross?

Some signings dont work out,he could improve and be a better player next year,I just dont rate him based on his performances.

I like Power and don't think we saw the best of him last season. Don't know whether that's on him, Ross or a combination but his track record clearly shows he's a top League One midfielder. Same with Grigg up front. It's about putting more of those in place, particularly at centre half, and JR getting the best out of them.
He took a long time to get over his (erroneous) sendings off imo

That's fine, but his record suggests he is a top player in this division so if you don't think he's performing like that, surely that's on Jack Ross?
I know it’s popular to blame JR for everything but surely not because an individual plays badly

Last edited:
Football is all about opinions and mine is Honeyman is utter gash. What is his proper position?
He’s clearly best playing in the middle.

For Gateshead or Hartlepool.

Ethan Robson was arguably man of the match against Wolves just over a year ago. I hope he gets given a chance to prove his worth next season.
A Wolves team that was on the beach.

Used to play footy v his Da Simon a lot and played golf with him.

When we were being relegated from prem i said to him aint a bad thing regs his son and other local talent or even other Academy kids.

Maja and Asoro went, kimpy and Mumba and Ethan chomping at bit.

Peddle the slow coach midfield and get these kids in.......with a few athletic signings alongside them.

Just my opinion if it means owt :lol:
I’m all for playing the kids if they’re good enough. Unfortunately Robson isn’t.

Last edited:
From the Dark Blues end of season report card :

Ethan Robson

Another of the deadline day captures from McIntyre, Ethan Robson showed some class in stages of games, while possessing a cloak of invisibility for much of the rest of his stay. As everyone in midfield seemed to be, he was in and out of the team on a regular basis and often outmuscled when he did appear. However, his phenomenal long range cross field pass for Wright’s goal on the final day of the season would hint that there’s more ability here than we really ever saw.
I’d say that pretty much how he’s looked for us both in the reserves and in his few appearances for the first team. Obviously talented but disappears too often and is soft as shite.

Not saying hes the greatest player but last seasons midfield was pathetic really, all similarly slow plodders.

Play one of Power, Catts or Leadbitter, but all three, not for me.

He took a long time to get over his (erroneous) sendings off imo

I know it’s popular to blame JR for everything but surely not because an individual plays badly
I don't blame him for everything to be fair; I think he's done a good job so far, wanted him to stay and believe he's the right man for us. I just think that at times he didn't get the best out of some players (most notably Will Grigg), although I think he'll have learned a lot about management, the club and these players and will be much better for it next season.

And yes the sendings off definitely had a big impact on Power's season, unfairly imo as the Oxford one should have been rescinded and the Walsall one was also chalked off. I remember watching an interview with him after possibly the Barnsley game where he'd just had his third red overturned and he was very sheepish and downbeat despite the win, not his normal self at all.

I don't blame him for everything to be fair; I think he's done a good job so far, wanted him to stay and believe he's the right man for us. I just think that at times he didn't get the best out of some players (most notably Will Grigg), although I think he'll have learned a lot about management, the club and these players and will be much better for it next season.

And yes the sendings off definitely had a big impact on Power's season, unfairly imo as the Oxford one should have been rescinded and the Walsall one was also chalked off. I remember watching an interview with him after possibly the Barnsley game where he'd just had his third red overturned and he was very sheepish and downbeat despite the win, not his normal self at all.

Power had a crap bit in the middle of the season but i think he played much better towards the end and peopl e were harsh about him even when he did well. It was a blow losing him so early in the play off final especially as Morgan did nothing. He adds a bit of physicality we lack and at times moves the ball quite well. Second half V Rochdale for example he changed the game as he hit form.

Unlucky with injury last year however seems like he did nowt up in Scotland.

He's a decent ball player but lack of pace is a concern with him. Especially if he's in a 2.

Ross has already given him assurances that he will be heavily involved next season

Will mean we've got power, Leadbitter, mcgeough & Robson all definitely here. Plus then Cattermole probably will still be here & Ross liked rotating Honeyman into CM at times. Unless Cattermole goes I don't think we will sign a CM, even though we should.

Forgot about Onien & Mumba too

Last edited by a moderator:
Power had a crap bit in the middle of the season but i think he played much better towards the end and peopl e were harsh about him even when he did well. It was a blow losing him so early in the play off final especially as Morgan did nothing. He adds a bit of physicality we lack and at times moves the ball quite well. Second half V Rochdale for example he changed the game as he hit form.
Pretty much agree. I think he’ll be a big player for us again next season, especially if Catts somehow leaves.

Back