ethan robson

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. though those players finsihed this season fifth in league one-which is higher than average-and honeyman is much better than league one if played in his proper positon-as shown by the fact he played champo last season and scored goals-and he will geta mobe up i believe.
:lol:
Hes crap man and is miles away from being a championship player

Rated him highly enough to get him a loan deal for his development after injury but didn’t want to rely on him
Signing O'Nien, McGeoch, Power and Leadbitter certainly gave the impression that he wasn't hugely impressed. Add Cattermole to the mix and you'd think there'd be at least two out of that 5 plus Robson on the way out.

Robson is a promising player who crucially is different to many of our other midfielders. He's bigger and stronger and none of our midfielders could have created that assist that he did for Dundee where he won the ball in his own box, powered forward to half way and then played an excellent through ball. He's good on the ball and has a couple of goals in him.

This season is make or break for him, but I really hope he gets a chance - at least if we start the season with the midfielders we have now.

From the Dark Blues end of season report card :

Ethan Robson

Another of the deadline day captures from McIntyre, Ethan Robson showed some class in stages of games, while possessing a cloak of invisibility for much of the rest of his stay. As everyone in midfield seemed to be, he was in and out of the team on a regular basis and often outmuscled when he did appear. However, his phenomenal long range cross field pass for Wright’s goal on the final day of the season would hint that there’s more ability here than we really ever saw.

From the Dark Blues end of season report card :

Ethan Robson

Another of the deadline day captures from McIntyre, Ethan Robson showed some class in stages of games, while possessing a cloak of invisibility for much of the rest of his stay. As everyone in midfield seemed to be, he was in and out of the team on a regular basis and often outmuscled when he did appear. However, his phenomenal long range cross field pass for Wright’s goal on the final day of the season would hint that there’s more ability here than we really ever saw.
That is pretty much my view - when I have seen him, even at U23 level, often games seem to pass him by and he struggles to impose himself. Then he will show something that suggests he has decent ability. He's 22 and only seems to be able to show in flashes. I cannot see how he will all of a sudden be what we are looking for. Its a shame but at 22 he needs to be showing he can dominate a game.

yes. though those players finsihed this season fifth in league one-which is higher than average-and honeyman is much better than league one if played in his proper positon-as shown by the fact he played champo last season and scored goals-and he will geta mobe up i believe.
Football is all about opinions and mine is Honeyman is utter gash. What is his proper position?

That is pretty much my view - when I have seen him, even at U23 level, often games seem to pass him by and he struggles to impose himself. Then he will show something that suggests he has decent ability. He's 22 and only seems to be able to show in flashes. I cannot see how he will all of a sudden be what we are looking for. Its a shame but at 22 he needs to be showing he can dominate a game.
As @Longovicium has just said, this is a big season for him coming up, be interesting to see what Ross does with him.

His performance at home to Brentford was the worst individual performance of the season. Hauled off before half time iirc

Robson is a promising player who crucially is different to many of our other midfielders. He's bigger and stronger and none of our midfielders could have created that assist that he did for Dundee where he won the ball in his own box, powered forward to half way and then played an excellent through ball. He's good on the ball and has a couple of goals in him.

This season is make or break for him, but I really hope he gets a chance - at least if we start the season with the midfielders we have now.
He isn't :lol:

Football is all about opinions and mine is Honeyman is utter gash. What is his proper position?
In the role he's played a lot this season according to the lad himself

Last edited:
Reactions: Sid
Our central midfield next seasom needs a revamp.Too many players with similar attributes and not enough physical prescence.

I'd not be starting Honeyman and Power for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back