ethan robson

Status
Not open for further replies.
His performance at home to Brentford was the worst individual performance of the season. Hauled off before half time iirc
He was extremely poor v Birmingham away. Looked physically out of his depth

Our central midfield next seasom needs a revamp.Too many players with similar attributes and not enough physical prescence.

I'd not be starting Honeyman and Power for starters.
And only one of Catts and Leadbitter.

yes. though those players finsihed this season fifth in league one-which is higher than average-and honeyman is much better than league one if played in his proper positon-as shown by the fact he played champo last season and scored goals-and he will geta mobe up i believe.

Honeyman was awful in the Championship and scored 6 or 7. That’s not particularly impressive.

He was extremely poor v Birmingham away. Looked physically out of his depth

And only one of Catts and Leadbitter.

Agreed,even as a two or three man midfield you can't have both.

It would be bettter of course if Catts and Oviedo went to free up wages but the Cattermole replacement must be something different to what we've got.

I dont think Robson is the answer regardless.

yes. though those players finsihed this season fifth in league one-which is higher than average-and honeyman is much better than league one if played in his proper positon-as shown by the fact he played champo last season and scored goals-and he will geta mobe up i believe.
Genuine question, what are you suggesting is his proper position?

Our central midfield next seasom needs a revamp.Too many players with similar attributes and not enough physical prescence.

I'd not be starting Honeyman and Power for starters.
No reason Power can't start every game. Has won League One twice with Wigan playing almost every game.

Imo he's a better player than Robson.
I like Power and don't think we saw the best of him last season. Don't know whether that's on him, Ross or a combination but his track record clearly shows he's a top League One midfielder. Same with Grigg up front. It's about putting more of those in place, particularly at centre half, and JR getting the best out of them.

Signing O'Nien, McGeoch, Power and Leadbitter certainly gave the impression that he wasn't hugely impressed. Add Cattermole to the mix and you'd think there'd be at least two out of that 5 plus Robson on the way out.

It bothers me, that we still have essentially the same academy setup and players that we had when we were in the Premiership.

When we were there, we were trying to loan the players out to League One/Two teams to give them experience.

Now we are at that level, none of the academy players appear to be getting a sniff at the first team, not even as part of the squad. Are they really all that poor that they aren't even considered, if they don't get first team experience at this level, surely they stand no chance if/when we start rising again.

It bothers me, that we still have essentially the same academy setup and players that we had when we were in the Premiership.

When we were there, we were trying to loan the players out to League One/Two teams to give them experience.

Now we are at that level, none of the academy players appear to be getting a sniff at the first team, not even as part of the squad. Are they really all that poor that they aren't even considered, if they don't get first team experience at this level, surely they stand no chance if/when we start rising again.
The ones playing regularly haven't exactly been great. Our captain and Gooch have been massively disappointing this season

Used to play footy v his Da Simon a lot and played golf with him.

When we were being relegated from prem i said to him aint a bad thing regs his son and other local talent or even other Academy kids.

Maja and Asoro went, kimpy and Mumba and Ethan chomping at bit.

Peddle the slow coach midfield and get these kids in.......with a few athletic signings alongside them.

Just my opinion if it means owt :lol:

He's not very good like. Saying that, there is minimal difference between Northern League and some league 1 players imo. Better players are sticking to big money in non league and working during the week to make a killing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back