Enlarged prostrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off for a scan and biopsy on Monday. Had the finger test at my GP's and all was well but the blood test came back a bit high. Can't say I'm not a bit worried but I suppose if it is anything bad we'll have caught it early enough (I'm 59).

Alan Bennett has a good story about the DRE (digital rectal examination). He's lying curled up on the couch with the doctor's finger having a good root around. "Well, there's nothing of interest up here," says the doctor from behind him, "but it's always nice to see you."
if there are any untoward signs you need a ct scan as the experts agree its the only way of getting any kind of reliable result. There has/is an awful lot of midagnosis and treatment/biopsies carried out

I've just found out me dad has one and has to go for a scan. Now I know it could be nothing but that doesn't mean I'm not worried about him:neutral:
Any information/personal experiences
They will put him on advodart,only side effect of it is that his hair will grow back.

Isn't Trump on something like that? I'm sure I read somewhere he has some mild prostate drug to grow his hair back.
I've been given a 6 month course of it since the hair transplant.Hairs growing like fuck:lol:

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is an enlarged prostate gland . The prostate glandsurrounds the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder out of the body. As the prostate gets bigger, it may squeeze or partly block the urethra. This often causes problems with urinating.

BPH occurs in almost all men as they age. BPH is not cancer. An enlarged prostate can be a nuisance. But it is usually not a serious problem. About half of all men older than 75 have some symptoms.

Hope this helps

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is an enlarged prostate gland . The prostate glandsurrounds the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder out of the body. As the prostate gets bigger, it may squeeze or partly block the urethra. This often causes problems with urinating.

BPH occurs in almost all men as they age. BPH is not cancer. An enlarged prostate can be a nuisance. But it is usually not a serious problem. About half of all men older than 75 have some symptoms.

Hope this helps
It does yes, thank you

I've just found out me dad has one and has to go for a scan. Now I know it could be nothing but that doesn't mean I'm not worried about him:neutral:
My dad had prostate cancer . Not nice but of all the cancers to have it is probably the best.
As a doc said to my dad, more men die with prostate cancer than because of it.
Hopefully this will be nothing though!

My dad had prostate cancer . Not nice but of all the cancers to have it is probably the best.
As a doc said to my dad, more men die with prostate cancer than because of it.
Hopefully this will be nothing though!
Thank you, I hope it will be nothing too and I do feel a little better because of some of the comments I've had about it

When I first started taking tablets for high blood pressure, one of the side effects for me was a enlarged prostate. I was in agony and I had to go to hospital as I was passing blood when taking a piss.
Whilst I understand your concern but sometimes it's not always the worst outcome and a change in medication can cause such things.
I hope he's fine.

When I first started taking tablets for high blood pressure, one of the side effects for me was a enlarged prostate. I was in agony and I had to go to hospital as I was passing blood when taking a piss.
Whilst I understand your concern but sometimes it's not always the worst outcome and a change in medication can cause such things.
I hope he's fine.
Thank you, am genuinely feeling less anxious after all the information people have shared and I'm very grateful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back