England v New Zealand, Headingley (23rd June) Match Thread

Scoring quickly in test matches is important on occasions.

Have been beating that drum for a while!
Of course they will be times it will not go well and it would be naive to suggest this new approach will not fall flat on its face at times because of course it will, as it is undoubtedly a risky approach so can definitely see and agree your point at times will happen.

But from a approach that won one in 17 tests to a approach that is not only thrilling watchable cricket but has beat the world champions 3 0 is a brilliant way to go.

With this approach imo going forward we will need to accept the rough with the smooth but it’s going to a better ride every step of the way for me!

Can only repeat cricket should be entertaining cricket should be look to win a game and only win you can’t settle for a draw, not the other way round.
I don’t think anyone would disagree but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone congratulate themselves as many times. Good on you but seriously everybody on the board really does know you have advocated a much more positive approach. Please don’t tell me tomorrow!;)

Last edited:

I don’t think anyone would disagree but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone congratulate themselves as many times. Good on you but seriously everybody on the board really does know you have advocated a much more positive approach. Please don’t tell me tomorrow!
There has been many many debates and criticism of white ball cricket on here and how it has effected the test side in a very bad way.

Just very happy that actually and whisper it quietly that skills learned in white ball cricket are now actually having a positive effect on test cricket.

I am not congratulating me just happy to see the brand of cricket that I strongly believe in.

After years of seeing T20 and white ball cricket slaughtered it’s nice to give a bit back to say it could just could be good for test cricket.

I love cricket to be played the way it has the last 3 weeks or so certainly not going to apologize for loving it!!

Last edited:
My wife gets them for me from somewhere in Thirsk, haven’t seen Golden Wonder in a shop in York for years, I’m sure someone on the SMB will educate me though 👍
Home Bargains do a canny 6 pack. 2 each of the following: Beef n Onion,Cheese n Onion and Chip Shop Curry flavour 👍 Googled and there's 2 stores in York area . Clifton Moor and Foss Island Retail Park

ERROR MADE

double checked and @Aidan11 decided to move out boult and replace with jamieson

so @The Rat is the winner on count back and highest score made

Cocked it up with the winner. Recheck and it’s @The Rat
Gutted th
Of course they will be times it will not go well and it would be naive to suggest this new approach will not fall flat on its face at times because of course it will, as it is undoubtedly a risky approach so can definitely see and agree your point at times will happen.

But from a approach that won one in 17 tests to a approach that is not only thrilling watchable cricket but has beat the world champions 3 0 is a brilliant way to go.

With this approach imo going forward we will need to accept the rough with the smooth but it’s going to a better ride every step of the way for me!

Can only repeat cricket should be entertaining cricket should be look to win a game and only win you can’t settle for a draw, not the other way round.
Yes and no. Getting bowled out for under 60 in both innings say against Australia wouldnt be acceptable.
They still need to adjust when conditions necessitate it imo. That partnership between bairstow and overton rescued them in the 1st innings.

Back