England squad suprises

Cricket has evolved for the better.

One day games were good for the game.

Australia under Steve Waugh trying to get them to score quicker scoring rate in test matches was good.

Sri Lanka in the 1996 World Cup coming out and playing positive in the first 15 overs was geat to see.

And then T20 it has taken the game to a extra entertainment level imo

You've said a few times that you find players like Hameed boring, so a dislike of many facets of the game is what I should have said.

You're comparing IPL to Tests. It is not an international competition, and you should be comparing IPL to other domestic competitions such as the CC/T20 Blast or the Big Bash/Sheffield Shield. I thought that was pretty straightforward and I'm not sure what difference it would make if I was watching.

I know what you saying but I am comparing it to international cricket because the quality on show in the IPL is much higher than any other domestic competition.

Last edited:

It’s almost as if I was right after all

you could say they are all poor selections to be fair. I'd not have some of them batting for Durham in the red ball game
I believe it was the right time to give Jennings a better chance. Like it not he's the future now and I feel we need to move on which will be difficult as the ecb have fucked about with red ball cricket so much, the test side is struggling and I dont see much coming through. It's a very average squad

well well well............

Last edited:
Which openers would be capable of actually trying to bat for long periods? Keep hearing Sibley being mentioned.

I think Foakes to keep and bat 6/7 and Bairstow to be a batter only. Drop Buttler

Back