England in Sri Lanka Red Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
He isn't always batting int he first ten overs at four, most of the time he isn't.

He averages 10 more, its not even up for debate mate, he clearly bats better at 4 than 3, by quite some distance, you can argue as much as you want about it

Many many of his innings at 4 have been when he has come in at the first 10 overs

and every bloke at 3 is batting beyond bad every time and the team needs him to adapt and bat just one

place higher which he should be easily able to do with his experience and talent.

Unless you think some mysterious power tells. His mind that because he is one place higher he must not be as good.

Last edited:

Yeah but every bloke at 3 is batting beyond bad every time and the team needs him to adapt and bat just one

place higher which he should be easily able to do with his experience and talent.

Unless some mysterious power tells. His mind that because he is one place higher he must not be as good.

not really, then who bats 4?

Vince wasn't beyond bat like, 31 at 3 isn't great but not beyond bad

Its a strange argument, I don't understand it

Its because you are facing the new ball sooner and you could be in after ball 1 after captaining all day

not really, then who bats 4?

Vince wasn't beyond bat like, 31 at 3 isn't great but not beyond bad

Its a strange argument, I don't understand it

Its because you are facing the new ball sooner and you could be in after ball 1 after captaining all day

But surely with his talent and experience he is more likely to survive at 3 then any other option.

I don’t understand why that obvious statement is too diffcult to understand?

This would mean less experienced and batsman with a weaker technique than Root will not be subject to facing the new ball soo early.

At the moment we putting inexperienced and less talented players in that position who are turning into walking wickets and we 2 down for next to nothing.

Maybe just maybe if our best batsman with the best technique was batting at 3 then we could see off the new ball for longer surely you can see that logic?

Even if you disagree with it!

If not keeping I would have Bairstow at 4!

Last edited:
But surely with his talent and experience he is more likely to survive at 3 then any other option.

I don’t understand why that obvious statement is too diffcult to understand?

This would mean less experienced and batsman with a weaker technique than Root will not be subject to facing the new ball soo early.

At the moment we putting inexperienced and less talented players in that position who are turning into walking wickets and we 2 down for next to nothing.

Maybe just maybe if our best batsman with the best technique was batting at 3 then we could see off the new ball for longer surely you can see that logic?

Even if you disagree with it!

If not keeping I would have Bairstow at 4!

It didn’t really work though did it bud? Root at 3, in my opinion anyway.

Let’s move on like it’s not gonna happen so I think we are just boring the rest of the board here!

So the Stokes experiment abandoned after 1 innings.

Not at all, its not an experiment either

Burns and Jennings played well but this was really poor from Stokes and Root

Root been so manic and Stokes trying a lap sweep after one ball

They aren't even trying to play themselves in, its a really slow pitch with slow turn, why the fuck are they rushing

2 shocking reviews

Not at all, its not an experiment either

Burns and Jennings played well but this was really poor from Stokes and Root

Root been so manic and Stokes trying a lap sweep after one ball

They aren't even trying to play themselves in, its a really slow pitch with slow turn, why the fuck are they rushing

2 shocking reviews

It was abandoned after 1 innings. Stokes at 5, 4 without the night watchman.

Absolutely f***ing moronic shot from Buttler.

He was only ever going to score a single from it, risk and reward didn’t tally.

Pretty poor this mind. What happened to playing themselves in. This pitch is not that bad. 200 lead is not enough IMO. I think Sri Lanka could bat well on this pitch. Hopefully Foakes and Curran will stick around and get the lead to 300.

Surprised by the criticism on here looking at the score, is the pitch not doing much?

Usually you’d love a lead of 250+ when bowling last in the subcontinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back