England in Sri Lanka Red Ball

Can only echo the above posts really. Considering how poor we've been abroad recently I don't think even the more optimistic supporters expected anything like this. Credit to Root who has shown there is a Test match captain and leader in there somewhere. Can't say I agreed with all of his decisions but that's cricket. Credit also to the backroom team, led by Bayliss, for coming up with plans that worked and of course all the players. Some stood out but all contributed in some way. Just a good all round team performance.

You can say it's a poor Sri Lanka team if you like but they fought hard. We could have lost the second and third Tests if we hadn't stuck to it and taken crucial wickets at important times, just like we did against the number one Test side during the summer.

Next stop Bridgetown. Have I mentioned that I'll be there? :cool:

Been there, done it, got the t-shirt. ;)

Cape Town is the new Barbados. :cool:

Yep Baylis deserves a lot of credit, does not get enough for me.
Got this one perfectly. One swallow does not a summer make, and I still can't say I'm a fan of his career in red ball cricket, but he showed he has extensive experince of Sri Lankan conditions, and him and Root sent the team out with the absolute perfect metality and method for the conditions.
Bayliss and Root can take a huge amount of pride from this Tour.

Back