Engagement rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're down for the footy this week or next, consider nipping into the Jewellery Quarter in Brum.

Use this guy Home I couldnt recommend him enough, you buy the metal off him (if you pay up front it’s trade price) he will work with you to design it, then make it, his wife is a gemologist who will help you choose the stones, 4 c’s etc.

If once you propose your Mrs doesn’t like it he will melt it down and start again using her input.

He did our engagement rings 11 years ago, I paid 2.2k in total they valued at over 4K for insurance as soon as they were ready, he’s lovely bloke, his website is terrible .
or someone like this

Cost me nowt, my ex bought her own.

Retrospectively a wise decision.

Where’s the best place to buy? High street? Online? Anyone had good or bad experience whilst buying or exchanging if required?
Bought one recently from Berry's in Newcastle.

Exchanged it no bother cos I got the wrong size. They could see we were disappointed in how long the replacement was going to take to arrive so they gave us a bottle of champagne.

Good service all round.

You'd have to be off your trolley if you bought something as expensive/important as this online
Lad I know had one hand made, to his design, took his lass (of 10 years) to Hawaii, and proposed in the way down from the volcano.

She said no.

They've since split up and are living in different countries.

He might as well have bought a plastic ring from a toy shop.

Lad I know had one hand made, to his design, took his lass (of 10 years) to Hawaii, and proposed in the way down from the volcano.

She said no.

They've since split up and are living in different countries.

He might as well have bought a plastic ring from a toy shop.
:lol:

In actual fact I think I should withdraw my original comment because it appears there are decent reputable online sellers. I kind of imagined somebody paying big bucks and getting tat back.

High street jewellers are massive mark up like. Needs to be when you think of how much the rent + rates + staff must cost and they only sell a small number of items per day. Reputable online are better value imo

Saved enough that I could afford circa £500

Bought online at Goldsmiths. Reduced to half price.

The questions you should ask is, how did you know you could live with your lass for life?

Ring means nowt in the grand scheme of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back