RAWA End of season Club/RAWA Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not leverage, that's sale and leaseback. Leverage is borrowing against the value of the ground. Given Coventry's recent problems, I doubt the EFL would permit any further sale and leaseback arrangements if at all possible.
Oh right, thanks. Apologies to all for my misinformation

Me, I'm fine. Still a bit weak in the right shoulder, which has caused an old rotator cuff problem to reappear, but have a full range of movement and stamina is improving all the time. The difference between Wembley this time and last was really noticeable.
Good to hear mate.....

What is the club’s policy for Sunderland Ladies next season and going forward. Would it financially support a place in the FA Women’s Championship in which a vacancy exists?

Merchandise

If adidas cannot deliver us a strip we want, can the club not simply produce a few fan led designs that are perhaps voted on? They could be created in the style pf a training top, I'm not quite sure who would manufacturer them or if it would contravene the deal we have with adidas but worth considering imo. Also these designs would be unique, a limited edition and we could create so many every few years. The sponsor could be Vaux providing it isn't copywritten and we could use the old badge to give it a vintage feel.

Also, I was thinking it would look good if the designs of favourite tops of the past are replicated on say hoodies. I don't mean like for like, but the 92 away kit for example could have the navy and turquoise trim running down the arm, with the badge and no sponsor. They could do it for a few others too which would look rather different.

Sound/Acoustics

Have they had any more thoughts about improving the atmosphere in the ground? Have they thought about undertaking an acoustic survey and considered installing components which may help improve the noise around the ground following recommendations?

Banners

What's happening with the concrete face running along the west stand, can this be covered with permanent banners?

TV Cameras

Have they considered encouraging the tv companies to film games from the east stand, instead of the west? The stadium looks so much bigger and more spectacular when you can see the upper concourse. It just looks like Stoke or Southampton's ground when you see highlights at present. Boro changed things up and their ground looks much better on camera now. It's good PR at the end of the day.

Can we follow West Ham and have the option of selecting no shirt sponsor when buying adult shirts ?

They already do I believe. I was in the shop the other day and there were loads of the black away kits without the sponsor on.

Last edited:
If the away fans aren't to be moved, what measures are the club going to put in place to ensure spectator safety for the home fans below?

how many times, this season, or last season, or the season before, would having the away fans downstairs improved the atmosphere? and by 'improve' i mean in a way beneficial to our team. give me 1 example. any home game over the last 3 seasons

Leeds, Sheff Wed, Boro, Villa at home 17/18 season off the top of my head. We'd have sung to compete against them rather than relying on the players to be 2-0 up like we do now.

Any chance of re-introducing the direct debit scheme for season card holders for the home cup games .
Dread to think how it’s going to run with ticketmaster the coming season .

Merchandise

If adidas cannot deliver us a strip we want, can the club not simply produce a few fan led designs that are perhaps voted on? They could be created in the style pf a training top, I'm not quite sure who would manufacturer them or if it would contravene the deal we have with adidas but worth considering imo. Also these designs would be unique, a limited edition and we could create so many every few years. The sponsor could be Vaux providing it isn't copywritten and we could use the old badge to give it a vintage feel.

Also, I was thinking it would look good if the designs of favourite tops of the past are replicated on say hoodies. I don't mean like for like, but the 92 away kit for example could have the navy and turquoise trim running down the arm, with the badge and no sponsor. They could do it for a few others too which would look rather different.

Sound/Acoustics

Have they had any more thoughts about improving the atmosphere in the ground? Have they thought about undertaking an acoustic survey and considered installing components which may help improve the noise around the ground following recommendations?

Banners

What's happening with the concrete face running along the west stand, can this be covered with permanent banners?

TV Cameras

Have they considered encouraging the tv companies to film games from the east stand, instead of the west? The stadium looks so much bigger and more spectacular when you can see the upper concourse. It just looks like Stoke or Southampton's ground when you see highlights at present. Boro changed things up and their ground looks much better on camera now. It's good PR at the end of the day.

They already do I believe. I was in the shop the other day and there were loads of the black away kits without the sponsor on.

IIRC we enquired about the TV cameras filming from the East Stand a few years back (think it was Quinny) but it was totally unfeasible due to a couole of factors. The main one being that there's simply no room to accommodate all the equipment etc and also the Sun (the celestial body not the rag) meant quality was really poor at certain times of the day.

Three from me @Ghandi Floss

1) After the problems with Coventry, are the club going to stop allowing away fans to pay on the gate? Also, could they confirm Coventry’s allocation will be slashed to around 500?

2) What plans does the club have for the concourses? It’s still a pain to get a pint at half time, so improvements are needed

3) Please can the club start accepting American Express

I would be pleased if I could get to the gents at half time

We played 60 games last season, Charlton played 53. 2 of those extra were due to the Walsall replay and the Accrington replay. Only 3 of our outfield players played more than 40 games. It simply isn’t the big deal people want to make it out to be.

Played 40 games a season recently have you?

Last edited:
Is there a way of using the access tunnel in the south stand to empty the south stand quicker, it’ll stop people queuing on the stairs from 85mins.

Totally logical and the other exit by the north/west corner...the benefit will be found right round the lower bowl

Why does it seem our academy youth & scouting policy appears to be going backwards atm, what they doing to seriously improve this.

Does the policy of the owners not allowing the manager to pick players in the final year of their contracts only apply to certain age ranges, and if so, why?

What is the club’s policy for Sunderland Ladies next season and going forward. Would it financially support a place in the FA Women’s Championship in which a vacancy exists?
Who gives a flying fuck?

It's getting useless bastard set of blokes out of league 1 that I'm bothered about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back