RR Employment law, fitness and Duncan Watmore: Another tough task for Sunderland to contend with

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got injured doing his job by someone elses reckless act. Why should the lad be out of pocket?

Some rate him, some don't. That's irrelevant. If it was the same injury I could understand the clamour to get rid. He was always going to pick up a lot of different unrelated injuries due to the nature of his serious one, until his body adjusts.

Very poor article. Who ever wrote that should be a little ashamed of themselves.

People have a view of Watmore's ability and that is fine.

However, to be snidey critical of a lad coming back from two ACL's with innuendo that he is swinging the lead is very poor imho.

I expected a little better from Roker Report in all honesty. Haway lads you are better than this.

Hopefully Watmore will prove them wrong.

Last edited:
Seriously, who the hell is rastrent? What a load of absolute bollocks that so-called article is.

I should have stopped reading at Wile E. Coyote - what was that? A joke? A quip? Or does this person just think he or she is clever?

Jesus Christ.

Tell you what. From now on, whenever we're trying to sign a player, we'll insert into his contract he's getting sacked if he ever gets injured or dropped; and then see how many players will ever sign for us. Only ever the ones who can't get a deal anywhere else, that's who.

Last edited:
Very poor article. Who ever wrote that should be a little ashamed of themselves.

People have a view of Watmore's ability and that is fine.

However, to be snidey critical of a lad coming back from two ACL's with innuendo that he is swinging the lead is very poor imho.

I expected a little better from them.

Hopefully Watmore will prove them wrong.
Agreed. A terrible piece of “work”

Injured at work tho
True true
The employer would be fucked over if its staff kept getting injured on the job through no fault of their own.
I've never taken it into consideration injured on the job. I'll take it on the chin lads.
thats entirely your opinion, if you think he is shit, and you are entitled to it. doesn't mean that he can have his contract terminated at any time.

of all the problems at the club at the moment and in the last few years, duncan watmore is the least of them.

don't think anyone, including DW, would disagree with that. he has played an average of 10 games per season for the last 6 seasons, no one is going to take him on a big, long term contract. i'm sure he is smart enough to realise that.
Never said I agreed with the article.

Last edited:
Photo by Ian Horrocks/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images “Personally I believe that the perverse nature of employment law within football is debilitating for clubs, and cases like Watmore prove it” writes Damian Brown. Nearly six months ago Duncan Watmore celebrated his birthday. Fortunate enough to be on the right side of thirty, at twenty five...

More at Roker Report...
Contract Law surely?

The lad has made 66 appearances in 6 years. If it was anyone else we would be clammering to get rid.

Iirc his last major injury was when he was playing for us and an opposition player made a horrendous tackle (should have been red carded!). If an employee is injured at work it is down to employer to look after him...insurance?

"We’ve seen players with strong potential fall by the wayside - the wayside is veritably littered with them. Not so Duncan Watmore, a boy from a very privileged background with a good education and enough connections through his father that I doubt he’d even have to interview for a very comfortable job in his next career. "

Me-ow! How bitter?

:confused:
Don't see what his background has anything to do with this, so if he some numb fuck from a council estate it would be okay? Wonder if Dunc has dipped his missus or summat??

Iirc his last major injury was when he was playing for us and an opposition player made a horrendous tackle (should have been red carded!). If an employee is injured at work it is down to employer to look after him...insurance?

Correct. And we are treating him are we not? However at the end of his contract would you sign him again? In jan would you extend?

Correct. And we are treating him are we not? However at the end of his contract would you sign him again? In jan would you extend?

Yep I would have doubts, would want to see his fitness/medical prognosis... also he should expect a pay reduction when present contract ends if the decision is to keep him

He was red carded mate.

It depends how he performs when he gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back