RR Employment law, fitness and Duncan Watmore: Another tough task for Sunderland to contend with

Not me. He’s been injured while carrying out his job.
If SAFC don’t react to that article then it’s obvious that SAFC have put the writer up to it. It’s espousing a very right wing conservative view of the world.....

I think safc putting someone up to writing an article is a little far fetched. Especially a one as bad as that. What would sunderland gain. I think its widely known we wont be renewing for me. I wouldnt anyway. It doesnt put any pressure on watmore and would not start anything with fans asking for him to be sacked.
Sounds like he has an axe to grind or has been laid off lately for being off sick.
My point earlier however is if watmore is fit and he and the club are happy with a deal where he can then sign for another club in jan. We can get him off the wage bill and bring someone else in. DW gets to play football. Plays and earns for a living.
Some people have agreed most disagreed. Id rather someone else and feel he is one of those like campbell that seems to get better the longer hes out. Probably due to the outlook of ohr first team at the moment

I think safc putting someone up to writing an article is a little far fetched. Especially a one as bad as that. What would sunderland gain. I think its widely known we wont be renewing for me. I wouldnt anyway. It doesnt put any pressure on watmore and would not start anything with fans asking for him to be sacked.
Sounds like he has an axe to grind or has been laid off lately for being off sick.
My point earlier however is if watmore is fit and he and the club are happy with a deal where he can then sign for another club in jan. We can get him off the wage bill and bring someone else in. DW gets to play football. Plays and earns for a living.
Some people have agreed most disagreed. Id rather someone else and feel he is one of those like campbell that seems to get better the longer hes out. Probably due to the outlook of ohr first team at the moment
Oh I don’t think he’ll get another deal unless he’s on fire when he comes back into the first team picture. He’ll understand he’s a clever lad. I’m sure we all hope he has a good career from here on in wether it’s at safc or elsewhere. If elsewhere I’m sure he’ll get a rousing reception if he comes back to play and I wouldn’t mind seeing him score as long as we took all three points.

As for the article it seems to have come out of nowhere so must’ve been prompted by someone or something. Let’s see safcs reaction to it.......slag it and they risk the writer revealing all if indeed there is an all. Ignore it and they risk it looking like they approve.

Oh I don’t think he’ll get another deal unless he’s on fire when he comes back into the first team picture. He’ll understand he’s a clever lad. I’m sure we all hope he has a good career from here on in wether it’s at safc or elsewhere. If elsewhere I’m sure he’ll get a rousing reception if he comes back to play and I wouldn’t mind seeing him score as long as we took all three points.

As for the article it seems to have come out of nowhere so must’ve been prompted by someone or something. Let’s see safcs reaction to it.......slag it and they risk the writer revealing all if indeed there is an all. Ignore it and they risk it looking like they approve.

I dont think safc will acknowledge it all. Why would they? Its a fanzine article on roker report. They may as well then reply to all the fan's letters when they post them.

Even if he was on fire for a couple of months. I still wouldnt offer another deal. If 6 years isnt long enough to show a pattern then nothing is

Absolute shit article. Rocker rapport is one of the worst mouthpieces to ever be involved at Sunderland.

Negative posters get shot right down.

Negative fanzines that lick the hoop of Donald should be shot with shit.

Im not saying he is. No where have i said that. The lads appears to be a very good professional. However we are not loaded. We work on a one in and one out scheme now. Im saying his wages will be taking up a spot for someone else to come who could be actually capable of playing and contributing. We are not here to pay a lads wages for being unlucky. I agree though that if he wants to see out his deal he can. Thats football and thats why there are contracts. We were happy to sign it at the time and have to live with that

So the article was pretty pointless, as most everyone will come back to the same conclusion
Well, most of his injuries have came on the field of playing for the lads from some filthy tackles (his last injury came from an absolutely atrocious challenge that forced him off because he was running the oppo defenders ragged) to stop him... Is that a good enough reason?

That dirty sod at Leicester as well, what the Fuchs his name?

Last edited:
While I 100% agree it's a strange article to come from nowhere I don't think the club react to it in any way. Posting fan opinion is bread and butter for Roker Report, ALS and Wise Men Say, it's not like the club react to any of it.

It's strange because articles are usually relevant or have some context to recent goings on. Watmore has been out for weeks now.

What's in an article like this for the club? It's clear he's well liked by large sections of the fanbase here. Drip feed a few articles about him not earning his considerable wage, taking up space in the treatment room, having it easy outside of being a footballer, then when he is released the club don't look like the bad guys leaving a lad who's spent four years injured to get on with it by himself. Instead they've been left with little choice but to remove a drain on our limited wage resources.

That's me playing devil's advocate. I don't think anyone would complain about seeing him released at the end of his deal. But I do think there could be more to that article than some dullard thinking it would be an interesting read.

Had so much potential to be a key player and a canny lad but constantly injured.. Proper shame if he was kept fit could've torn this league apart imo with his pace and if he keeps his head up. But apparently getting a canny pay packet. So wonder whats next for him.... other than another injury ofc :lol: Think he'll stay/should stay or should we get rid asap?

I would say this season is his last chance to prove himself, otherwise early retirement probably beckons for him. Obviously a well grounded lad who has had horrendous luck with injuries.

Had so much potential to be a key player and a canny lad but constantly injured.. Proper shame if he was kept fit could've torn this league apart imo with his pace and if he keeps his head up. But apparently getting a canny pay packet. So wonder whats next for him.... other than another injury ofc :lol: Think he'll stay/should stay or should we get rid asap?
Ha ha ha ha ha ha h aha ha lol lol pmsl, not fancy posting this in the other thread ?

I for one am honoured and amazed that Boris Johnson has found the time from running the country and pleasuring his chipmunk faced bewer to write this article.

He can deny it if it wants but it's up there with his takes on Liverpool, Burkas looking like letterboxes and flag-waving piccaninnies.

Absolute shit article. Rocker rapport is one of the worst mouthpieces to ever be involved at Sunderland.
Bit like them knackers on youtube

Negative posters get shot right down.

Negative fanzines that lick the hoop of Donald should be shot with shit.

This article is a complete hatchet job. The lad was injured at work, put his career in the hands of his employers to get him fit, and then kept getting hurt. Is that because they didn't do a proper job? You'll never know, but to blame the lad and suggest that he should be sacked is outrageous, and if anyone in another job was injured at work and sacked as a result you'd be up in arms. It's unfortunate for everyone, but this article is unnecessarily personal about his parents, background etc....

If anything, the cockwomble who wrote that article has actually managed to do something that's rarely seen on this forum, nearly everyone agreeing that he writes f***ing tripe!

The head honcho at RR needs to swap the lads job title from writer to something he has more experience in......toilet attend maybe?

Back