RR Employment law, fitness and Duncan Watmore: Another tough task for Sunderland to contend with

really don't want to get into a bun fight over this, because there's no point - and I really do see your point to a large extent - I just thought that he was improving and had promise.

No bun fight to be had mate, I respect your opinion. I sincerely hoped he would improve, which he really needs to, to continue playing at a higher level.

Good point and I’ve not read it all as it moves on too quick as I don’t have the time
Can you give me a brief review?

The article is shit and comes across as if watmore has been knocking off his mrs.
The reality is that yes he has had some horrific injuries. But that should not stand in the way that we have treated him for those and for me should not be given a new deal. Some people were outraged at that like id pissed in his cornflakes. Some not. I also stated that if he is fit in jan and if he is happy we should end his contract mutually. People never understood the word mutually and went on again like the club were sacking him. He would then be able to play for another club and we could sign someone else. He will be talking to clubs in jan anyway

The article is shit and comes across as if watmore has been knocking off his mrs.
The reality is that yes he has had some horrific injuries. But that should not stand in the way that we have treated him for those and for me should not be given a new deal. Some people were outraged at that like id pissed in his cornflakes. Some not. I also stated that if he is fit in jan and if he is happy we should end his contract mutually. People never understood the word mutually and went on again like the club were sacking him. He would then be able to play for another club and we could sign someone else. He will be talking to clubs in jan anyway
I have to agree with most of your post apart from releasing him in January. I am always positive and I hope he comes good this season and can kick on from there. If not then release him in the summer as we have looked after him well.

Remember listening to the RR podcasts when this bloke (if it is the same Damien) used to do them. He must be sick that they took off like a rocket AFTER he left. Seems he is channeling his anger at DW now. All because he is one of the highest earners at the club? Come on man be a person ffs

I don't think employment law in its true sense would apply to him (like it does to me and you) anyway being on a fixed contract. If they wanted to show Dunc the door they'd still have to pay up the remainder of his contract.

Back