Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing since March. Learn something new everytime I go on.

I've been pounding away since March, and nowhere near an A rated conda :) Missed the quince gravy train! 30ly will be fine for RTR, might mean a few extra jumps, but you'd have to jump about to engineer the asp. Swings and roundabouts.

I'm at a fork in the road. I can either go with my original plan with the T9, which I reckon I can do 20m per hour

Or

A rate a Python, and hit up the Haz-Res sites for bounties.

What do you reckon @Slippery Jim python ok as a combat tank? I can afford maybe 4-5 rebuys if I get one
When I had my Python it was back before the new combat tactics. It was good at everything but great at nothing. If you can afford it it may be better to get a Clipper as its speed and boost can get you out of situations where you bite off a bit more than you can chew. Just remember the nacelles mean fixed weapons are pretty useless at short range as they are so far apart so stick with gimbals or turrets and you should be fine.

If you do opt for a Python I'd stick to PvE and even then think twice about taking on anything bigger.

Whatever you choose its essential to Engineer your modules now.

Been playing since March. Learn something new everytime I go on.

I've been pounding away since March, and nowhere near an A rated conda :) Missed the quince gravy train! 30ly will be fine for RTR, might mean a few extra jumps, but you'd have to jump about to engineer the asp. Swings and roundabouts.

I'm at a fork in the road. I can either go with my original plan with the T9, which I reckon I can do 20m per hour

Or

A rate a Python, and hit up the Haz-Res sites for bounties.

What do you reckon @Slippery Jim python ok as a combat tank? I can afford maybe 4-5 rebuys if I get one

I've spent 400 million credits on conda :lol:

The length of a footy match to download over 23gb, can remember the days you'd have been waiting months for summit like that...

Any tips or pointers appreciated - i'm a f***ing noob
Have a look back through the entire thread. I know it takes a bit of time (and ignore my wailing on the first few pages!)

If you have any specific questions everyone on here will be more than happy to help but even those of us who have been playing for ages are still learning.

What ship are you flying and how many credits do you have?

Found a canny tip on the frontier forums today.

In addition to the 7 seconds out throttling back to 75%
When you're 5mm out from the station, throttle back up to 100%. You're still able to disengage safely and drop out of super cruise :cool: saves a few seconds.

And I decided to go with the t9. It's a big fucker mind. My setup can shift 456t of cargo, and I splashed a Python that had the cheek to interdict me on my first slave run.

On the negative side, it handles like a train station :oops:

Far too complex this mind.
Trying to find consumer tech for someone haven't got a clue where to go. I'm guessing the mission is on a timer and the daft thing is I'll probably not be able to afford the stuff if I ever find it.

Far too complex this mind.
Trying to find consumer tech for someone haven't got a clue where to go. I'm guessing the mission is on a timer and the daft thing is I'll probably not be able to afford the stuff if I ever find it.

It's one of the steepest learning curves on a game I've played in 10 years.

Have a look back through the entire thread. I know it takes a bit of time (and ignore my wailing on the first few pages!)

If you have any specific questions everyone on here will be more than happy to help but even those of us who have been playing for ages are still learning.

What ship are you flying and how many credits do you have?

So I put it on last night to try the training again... went in for a dock and somehow ended up magnetised to the orbital I was trying to dock, gave up but might have another look later tonight :lol:

Not sure on multiplayer, I got this when it first came out but haven't played it since. As I said got it with VR development in mind

So I put it on last night to try the training again... went in for a dock and somehow ended up magnetised to the orbital I was trying to dock, gave up but might have another look later tonight :lol:

Not sure on multiplayer, I got this when it first came out but haven't played it since. As I said got it with VR development in mind
Sounds like you got stuck in the toast rack on the outside of the entrance. Done it myself a few times. :D

If you can't break free and the timer is ticking down just log out of the game and back in again. Your ship will re-appear 9Km from the station and you can try again.

Sounds like you got stuck in the toast rack on the outside of the entrance. Done it myself a few times. :D

If you can't break free and the timer is ticking down just log out of the game and back in again. Your ship will re-appear 9Km from the station and you can try again.
Think I tried for a solid 2 minutes with all sorts of combination of thrust,

Logging out lifesaver :D

Thought I was going to need it myself again yesterday with second docking run in the t9

Boost is stupidly close to drop landing gear on Xbox, and I activated it instead of landing gear for the first time since Sidewinder days. :lol:

T9 hurtling towards back of station... Just managed to turn it back

Logging out lifesaver :D

Thought I was going to need it myself again yesterday with second docking run in the t9

Boost is stupidly close to drop landing gear on Xbox, and I activated it instead of landing gear for the first time since Sidewinder days. :lol:

T9 hurtling towards back of station... Just managed to turn it back

I did that in my conda. Circle and down on the d-pad. Only circle registered. Blasting towards the back off the station thinking fuck 20 million re buy. Thrusters held to go in full reverse and slamming the analog's hard left. Just and I mean just managed to pull her round. I now always use the screen for landing gear.

On PC the control for deploying your cargo hatch is <Home>. The control to drop all your cargo is <End>.

I very quickly un-bound <End> after dropping 100t of cargo while trying to pick up a black box. :oops:

Now THAT was a dirty trick!!!!!

I was doing the combat CG in a Hi-RES when I saw the cops firing at a ship. I instinctively opened up on him and then immediately realised I'd just shot at someone before scanning to get his wanted status. So I get a fine and do my usual of legging it out of the system for a few minutes until the fine times out. While I was still boosting out of the gravity well the bloody cops killed the target and I get a full 7 day Wanted bounty on my head!!! Bastards! :evil:

So I've had to abandon the CG and am on my way home to LTT 9810 when I run into this beauty:

Logon or register to see this image

I'm sure I've read somewhere that if you get into one of the jets you can do massive FSD jumps from there. Off to find out how.

Oh, its LAWD 96 if you want to have a look.

Last edited:
On PC the control for deploying your cargo hatch is <Home>. The control to drop all your cargo is <End>.

I very quickly un-bound <End> after dropping 100t of cargo while trying to pick up a black box. :oops:

Now THAT was a dirty trick!!!!!

I was doing the combat CG in a Hi-RES when I saw the cops firing at a ship. I instinctively opened up on him and then immediately realised I'd just shot at someone before scanning to get his wanted status. So I get a fine and do my usual of legging it out of the system for a few minutes until the fine times out. While I was still boosting out of the gravity well the bloody cops killed the target and I get a full 7 day Wanted bounty on my head!!! Bastards! :evil:

So I've had to abandon the CG and am on my way home to LTT 9810 when I run into this beauty:

Logon or register to see this image

I'm sure I've read somewhere that if you get into one of the jets you can do massive FSD jumps from there. Off to find out how.

Oh, its LAWD 96 if you want to have a look.

You can indeed. Haven't done one myself, but there's a series of neutron stars that lead to Colonia. You have to go into the jets at the right angle, otherwise it destroys your ship. Oh and I've got this bookmarked for a future run

https://www.spansh.co.uk/

I will go to the core at some point. Probably to flee the thargoids eating people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back