Elite Dangerous

Fuck me these assassinate pirate lord missions are getting hairy.

Took one mission on and the buggers sent two Anacondas after me to try to stop me. Took them down and then found the pirate lord... flying a Corvette! :eek:

I'm ranger (95%) but sold a fuck-ton of exploration data to Quince before I started

Logon or register to see this image
You might want to start thinking about ranking missions if you want any of the nice ships! ;)

Last edited:

Took one mission on and the buggers sent two Anacondas after me to try to stop me. Took them down and then found the pirate lord... flying a Corvette! :eek:

You might want to start thinking about ranking missions if you want any of the nice ships! ;)

:cool: I'll settle for the metric ton of credits for now. Once I'm in the conda with plenty rebuys, I'll chase rank.

If quince holds out, I'm not going to bother with the T9 trading beast either. Like I said, I'm stuck in quince as I sold the asp by mistake, so if it dries up, I'll self destruct back to Trevithick dock, build another long reach asp and chase the Elite explorer rank, and swing back to quince.

:cool:

You know his empire rank is none at 100% yet he is 85% and at friendly. Does that mean he has ranked levels stacking behind that 100% and just needs to do an empire related mission or something and then they'll pop?

You know his empire rank is none at 100% yet he is 85% and at friendly. Does that mean he has ranked levels stacking behind that 100% and just needs to do an empire related mission or something and then they'll pop?
Ranks don't accumulate. You can do 500x the total missions needed to rank all the way to King but you'll stay at 100% until you do a navy mission then you'll just up one rank.

Each time I hit 100% I immediately keep my eyes open for a navy mission otherwise any further ranking missions are a waste of time.

Ranks don't accumulate. You can do 500x the total missions needed to rank all the way to King but you'll stay at 100% until you do a navy mission then you'll just up one rank.

Each time I hit 100% I immediately keep my eyes open for a navy mission otherwise any further ranking missions are a waste of time.

Where can you find a navy mission?

:cool: I'll settle for the metric ton of credits for now. Once I'm in the conda with plenty rebuys, I'll chase rank.

If quince holds out, I'm not going to bother with the T9 trading beast either. Like I said, I'm stuck in quince as I sold the asp by mistake, so if it dries up, I'll self destruct back to Trevithick dock, build another long reach asp and chase the Elite explorer rank, and swing back to quince.

:cool:
I could be wrong but just self-destructing only respawns you back to the last station you were in. The only way I know of respawning to your original station is to wipe your CMDR data i.e. start from scratch with a Sidey and 1k credits.

The nearest system to Quince which sells AspXs is HIP 71462 which is 280Ly away. :(

Last edited:
I could be wrong but just self-destructing only respawns you back to the last station you were in. The only way I know of respawning to your original station is to wipe your CMDR data i.e. start from scratch with a Sidey and 1k credits.

The nearest system to Quince which sells AspXs is HIP 71462 which is 280Ly away. :(

I went to Quince in a cobra mrk3 not upgraded from Asellus Primus :lol:

I went to Quince in a cobra mrk3 not upgraded from Asellus Primus :lol:
I traveled to Quince last night to see what all the fuss was about. Took me 16 jumps in my 35Ly AspX from where I left the Corvette and I'm seeing the same thing as @Red N White Baron in that there are lots of massacre missions but only a few courier ones and they are fairly low pay. Suppose its time to start gaining influence with the factions there.

I traveled to Quince last night to see what all the fuss was about. Took me 16 jumps in my 35Ly AspX from where I left the Corvette and I'm seeing the same thing as @Red N White Baron in that there are lots of massacre missions but only a few courier ones and they are fairly low pay. Suppose its time to start gaining influence with the factions there.

Yer. Unless they have just nerfed it I've been getting 3-15 million a time regularly. Sometimes 20 million. I am allied though.

there are two options on my rebuy screen, back to the last station I docked at with same loadout, or Trevithick dock with the default sidewinder.

I know as, I've rather naughtily been self destructing back to MillerPort from Kosmala rewards when I've done the scan missions :oops:

mine was shite too, till I got pally with all the factions. flogged explorer data, and spent a few quid 'contributing to the cause' was worth it

there are two options on my rebuy screen, back to the last station I docked at with same loadout, or Trevithick dock with the default sidewinder.

I know as, I've rather naughtily been self destructing back to MillerPort from Kosmala rewards when I've done the scan missions :oops:

mine was shite too, till I got pally with all the factions. flogged explorer data, and spent a few quid 'contributing to the cause' was worth it

Not naughty. Just erm......... savvy with time :lol:

Well I tried a Civil War Surface Scan mission. Didn't realise that meant they will open up on you in your SRV. Just about made it back to the AspX and took off with the intention of dealing out some righteous retribution from the skies. Bad move! I forgot I was in my little stripped-out AspX and thought I could fly like I do in the Vette. 20 seconds later I was toast. 600k to re-buy. I've now jumped all the way back to LTT 9810 to lick my wounds. Think I'll stick with the ranking missions here for a while. It may not be profitable but at least I know what I'm doing. :lol:

Well I tried a Civil War Surface Scan mission. Didn't realise that meant they will open up on you in your SRV. Just about made it back to the AspX and took off with the intention of dealing out some righteous retribution from the skies. Bad move! I forgot I was in my little stripped-out AspX and thought I could fly like I do in the Vette. 20 seconds later I was toast. 600k to re-buy. I've now jumped all the way back to LTT 9810 to lick my wounds. Think I'll stick with the ranking missions here for a while. It may not be profitable but at least I know what I'm doing. :lol:

Go and spend a few hours following road to riches then hand the data in to Millerport in Quince. Buy a Sidewinder and do the scan missions. You don't want to be doing the missions in an asp.

:eek::lol:

Do the surface scan missions in a sidewinder with an SRV. Go in with the SRV, scan the datapoints, get the fuck out :lol: Even if they start shooting at you, I've never had the shields drop past two rings on the SRV. Mind, I'm going at a canny lick, and I park the Sidewinder about 1k away. The skimmers lose interest chasing you after a bit

Back to the ship and self destruct back to Millerport. You can still cash in, even though you blew up. Cost's about 2 grand for the rebuy, when I'm coining 12-13million for the mission. Honestly it seems to take just as long to cash them in as it does to do the mission!

Oh, and when you're pissing about switchingships, make sure you don't sell your asp, rather than switching to it. Or you get stuck in a system that is *light years* from anywhere

Go and spend a few hours following road to riches then hand the data in to Millerport in Quince. Buy a Sidewinder and do the scan missions. You don't want to be doing the missions in an asp.
wot he said :cool:

Nah, I really don't have the patience to go exploring for hours on end. I prefer to mix up missions. I keep the AspX for data runs and small deliveries and the Corvette for chasing pirates.

I f***ing hate pirates me! :evil:

:eek::lol:

Do the surface scan missions in a sidewinder with an SRV. Go in with the SRV, scan the datapoints, get the fuck out :lol: Even if they start shooting at you, I've never had the shields drop past two rings on the SRV. Mind, I'm going at a canny lick, and I park the Sidewinder about 1k away. The skimmers lose interest chasing you after a bit

Back to the ship and self destruct back to Millerport. You can still cash in, even though you blew up. Cost's about 2 grand for the rebuy, when I'm coining 12-13million for the mission. Honestly it seems to take just as long to cash them in as it does to do the mission!

Oh, and when you're pissing about switchingships, make sure you don't sell your asp, rather than switching to it. Or you get stuck in a system that is *light years* from anywhere

wot he said :cool:

Costs me 450 odd credits on insurance and I land 200 meters away. Never had them shoot at me once. Only scan one thing then back away and look to see if the missions updated. Then if you need to scan another go back in.

Back