Elite Dangerous

Costs me 450 odd credits on insurance and I land 200 meters away. Never had them shoot at me once. Only scan one thing then back away and look to see if the missions updated. Then if you need to scan another go back in.
I've done loads of planetary scanns with no bother. This was the first time I got a restricted area warning 2 skimmers and 2 defensive turrets opened up on me. I've never ever seen a defensive turret move let alone start firing before. I can only assume its because the mission was a civil war planetary scan which I'd not seen before.

I've done loads of planetary scanns with no bother. This was the first time I got a restricted area warning 2 skimmers and 2 defensive turrets opened up on me. I've never ever seen a defensive turret move let alone start firing before. I can only assume its because the mission was a civil war planetary scan which I'd not seen before.

Could well be. They are all green for me anyway so don't attack. Or at least I've not had them do so.

I've had them.attack me a couple of times, majority no. Just done a mission and I completed 9 or so with one scan, and they left me alone

I go in on open play as they pop before you hit the ground if someone else scans whilst you are in the vicinity. Now that's money for nothing :lol::lol:

Obsidian said that rank missions stack even when at 100%.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but just self-destructing only respawns you back to the last station you were in. The only way I know of respawning to your original station is to wipe your CMDR data i.e. start from scratch with a Sidey and 1k credits.

The nearest system to Quince which sells AspXs is HIP 71462 which is 280Ly away. :(
Logon or register to see this image

There's my rebuy in Quince. Just took the free sidewinder, and I'm back in Trevithick dock, with a quarter billion credits. Off to fit up an asp

I did say I could be wrong. :)
Twitchy moment when I checked my balance mind :D

Took me about twenty minutes, but got my racing snake asp back, fitted out for long jumps. lesson learned, don't play after a few pints, you end up selling your decent ships :oops:

Thought I'd give the engineering lark a go, so went to Maia for a load of meta-alloys then up to see Farseer. Bought a fs scanner on the way, scanned a wake or two on the way up.

Net result, my asp now jumps 42ly :cool: Back on the RTR explorer run, will sell the data at Farseers base to rank up, see what else I can get done

Missions have dried up in Quince, well just available in ones and twos, just getting 2-3m per go. Civil unrest has gone, and economic conditions suggest a boom. Not really worth it. So, back on the explorer trail for a few days. Oh and next explorer rank is Elite :cool::cool:

What's everyone else up to?

Nearly finished downloading, cheers nelford_safc.
Stick with it. First couple of weeks are the hardest

Last edited:
Missions have dried up in Quince, well just available in ones and twos, just getting 2-3m per go. Civil unrest has gone, and economic conditions suggest a boom. Not really worth it. So, back on the explorer trail for a few days. Oh and next explorer rank is Elite :cool::cool:

Weeks! :eek:

Thought it might take a day or two to learn how it works.

Nearly finished downloading, cheers nelford_safc.

We can wing up when we are both on as there's not many on ps4 from here. I'm sure you get slight benefits from it.

Just upgraded my FSD to upgrade 4. 30Ly in my conda. Did a load of others as well but I can't remember what they were.

Quince has indeed dried up. They'll be another system the same soon. I might get my asp engineered and go back to the RtR trail like you. Unless I use my conda for it. Good idea?

Got bored doing ranking missions again so I did a quick tour of some Engineers to beef up my Vette with level 5 hull reinforcement, armour and FSD upgrades then shot off to Arbroin for the combat CG. Earned 3.5M in my first visit to a Hi-RES and am in the top 25% already. :cool:

Oh dear no! :lol:

Been playing since March. Learn something new everytime I go on.

We can wing up when we are both on as there's not many on ps4 from here. I'm sure you get slight benefits from it.

Just upgraded my FSD to upgrade 4. 30Ly in my conda. Did a load of others as well but I can't remember what they were.

Quince has indeed dried up. They'll be another system the same soon. I might get my asp engineered and go back to the RtR trail like you. Unless I use my conda for it. Good idea?

I've been pounding away since March, and nowhere near an A rated conda :) Missed the quince gravy train! 30ly will be fine for RTR, might mean a few extra jumps, but you'd have to jump about to engineer the asp. Swings and roundabouts.

I'm at a fork in the road. I can either go with my original plan with the T9, which I reckon I can do 20m per hour

Or

A rate a Python, and hit up the Haz-Res sites for bounties.

What do you reckon @Slippery Jim python ok as a combat tank? I can afford maybe 4-5 rebuys if I get one

Back