Egg chasers of the SMB

Not a chance this will stand on appeal...just my opinion mind

Can see the points being drastically reduced.

Might be reduced a bit, but bearing in mind that this is the Premier League who have fined them, they won't get any support from the rest of the clubs in the League. The rest of the clubs will be gunning for them.

Might be reduced a bit, but bearing in mind that this is the Premier League who have fined them, they won't get any support from the rest of the clubs in the League. The rest of the clubs will be gunning for them.

agree with the parts re other clubs...just think when they really get the heavy legal team there will be a big reduction in points deduction, possibly no reduction in fine.
Similar cases across other sports suggest seemingly draconian points deductions reduced on appeal...if you exclude Durham CC of course :eek:

Should have had the verdict delivered in the close season so the could have been relegated. I think the decision to have it three games into the season was deliberate so that wasn't an option and they've got off lightly.

Big weekend of European rugby as the Heineken Cup* group stage kicks off. Bit of a weird start though, as the domestic season has only started when it’s usually 8 games in by now, and some of the English contenders are in wobbly form just as they need to be hitting their heights for these big games. And Salarycens might field a weakened side in Europe because of their pending points deduction....

*And that other cup, thingummybob - whatever

I think the chiefs should enjoy champions cup Rugby while they can. Don’t think they will finish Top four this year.

Only 12 months ago I was looking forward to European weekends at the falcons.

now we are playing Bedford on a soggy Saturday in monsoon conditions

I think the chiefs should enjoy champions cup Rugby while they can. Don’t think they will finish Top four this year.

Only 12 months ago I was looking forward to European weekends at the falcons.

now we are playing Bedford on a soggy Saturday in monsoon conditions

Tbf they only need to finish 6th to get big cup rugby next season

Big weekend of European rugby as the Heineken Cup* group stage kicks off. Bit of a weird start though, as the domestic season has only started when it’s usually 8 games in by now, and some of the English contenders are in wobbly form just as they need to be hitting their heights for these big games. And Salarycens might field a weakened side in Europe because of their pending points deduction....

*And that other cup, thingummybob - whatever
:lol:

Decent game so far this. Both sides wanting to throw it around
Been fantastic to watch. Nice of Tolouse to put in a very French performance so far by playing some proper flair Rugby at the start before letting it all go to shite with some poor discipline and gaps in defense you could drive a truck through.

It's that time of year again when I remind myself to support all the English teams in the European Cup, except Leicester. Not a problem this season :lol:

Been an excellent game so far, Gloucester look very prone to mistakes and must have had 3 penalties against them for high tackles which must be a worry. But they've taken their chances very well thanks to Simpson, I think they'll need another try to close this out, Toulouse are looking steady at the set piece.

Quite a weekend of European rugby: Chiefs looked very good, as did Clermont. A few others stuttered a bit, CJ Stander is a prick; and Salarycens are obviously prioritising their relegation dogfight over the Heineken Cup :lol:

Back