Egg chasers of the SMB

Quite a weekend of European rugby: Chiefs looked very good, as did Clermont. A few others stuttered a bit, CJ Stander is a prick; and Salarycens are obviously prioritising their relegation dogfight over the Heineken Cup :lol:
Missed that Stander thing, can't stand him, reinforce my prejudice, what'd he do?

The latest in the wage bill saga is that Salarycens (Cheers @Cockney Mackem ) have had to schedule crisis talks with their players as they prepare to drop their appeal. Looks like a few players are either looking for new clubs or will be a few quid shorter at the end of the month now.

On behalf of Bath, we'll take Itoje and Farrell off their hands.

The latest in the wage bill saga is that Salarycens (Cheers @Cockney Mackem ) have had to schedule crisis talks with their players as they prepare to drop their appeal. Looks like a few players are either looking for new clubs or will be a few quid shorter at the end of the month now.

On behalf of Bath, we'll take Itoje and Farrell off their hands.
I’ve a feeling the salary cap is going to be scrapped off the back of this.

The french clubs could throw stupid money at Saracens players after this.

RFU couldn’t organise a piss up at a rugby club

I’ve a feeling the salary cap is going to be scrapped off the back of this.

The french clubs could throw stupid money at Saracens players after this.

RFU couldn’t organise a piss up at a rugby club
I wouldn't blame them if they did, it's no coincidence that Salarycens have been the only English club to perform consistently in Europe the last few years and going off this weekend's performances, there isn't a long queue or clubs waiting to take that position off them.

A change is needed, the one I think has most merit is to allow academy players to be excluded from the cap. Massive incentive for clubs to develop their own young talent, allows teams to invest in established players and ensures a good supply of players for England.

In other news, Joe Marler continues to be good value

James Haskell take note
Couple of things from tonight’s game Ulster v cleamont

How much do commentators/pundits get paid for these games because ugo monye must be raking it in

And it shouldn’t be allowed that J P Doyle is reffing an Irish side. I know he’s with the RFU but he’s still an Irishman

Last edited:
Should be a cracker tonight. Salarycens to put at least 15 more points on the board than bath

Sorry @chelt_mackem got a feeling you’re going to take a beating tonight with the World Cup lads back

Back