Eddie Hall - World's Strongest Man 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is it like this mate?

TV mate, it's shown over Christmas time. Seems daft but because it's so niche, the majority of people still don't know who's won by that point anyway. This year will be different like, Hall had really got a good following abd everyone seemed to know straight away

TV mate, it's shown over Christmas time. Seems daft but because it's so niche, the majority of people still don't know who's won by that point anyway. This year will be different like, Hall had really got a good following abd everyone seemed to know straight away
I'll be honest, I didn't know it was staged so far in advance of Christmas like. It's ridiculous in this day and age. Would imagine it would get decent viewings if it was promoted more narl.

The Facebook page for the Eddie documentary has been posting that Eddie won and various screenshots. I would have thought that would be a bit daft if legal action wouldn't be forthcoming.

There's plenty videos on YouTube if you search for 'starting strongman WSM 2017' including one of Eddie hall squatting 700lbs for 15 reps

The Facebook page for the Eddie documentary has been posting that Eddie won and various screenshots. I would have thought that would be a bit daft if legal action wouldn't be forthcoming.

Possibly not then mate. Wasn't entirely sure but they all keep hush about it usually.

His bmi must be high as fuck

Makes him unhealthy iirc

I'd heard in the gym a lot of times he intended to 'retire' as soon as he won WSM. He's abusing his body and it's not healthy.

Seems like there's some controversy to it. Apparently Thor was in the lead and then drop outs shifted the positions or something along those lines. He's meant to have posted a rant then deleted it

Seems like there's some controversy to it. Apparently Thor was in the lead and then drop outs shifted the positions or something along those lines. He's meant to have posted a rant then deleted it
Hall was 2.5 points clear after the first day.

Thor wasn't given his final rep on the Viking press and that's what he's been twisting out. Eddie did 15, Thor did 14.

Hall was 2.5 points clear after the first day.

Thor wasn't given his final rep on the Viking press and that's what he's been twisting out. Eddie did 15, Thor did 14.

Is that it? Fuck sake, people don't half like to exaggerate :lol:

Is that it? Fuck sake, people don't half like to exaggerate :lol:
Yep. Hall beat shaw to the first 4 stones then took about a 30 second rest before doing the 5th knowing he only needed to get it up not beat him for time. If Thor had gained one extra point from that Viking press hall would have stepped up his atlas stone and beat shaw. Thors come across really badly imo, it was his shit score in the squats that fucked him

This is hall vs shaw on the stones

This is how the events broke down.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xQYesz3M6oX-MdeQv1U4pA/htmlview#gid=531126279

Tyre, squats and Viking press first day

Plane pull, deads and stones the second day

Last edited:
Yep. Hall beat shaw to the first 4 stones then took about a 30 second rest before doing the 5th knowing he only needed to get it up not beat him for time. If Thor had gained one extra point from that Viking press hall would have stepped up his atlas stone and beat shaw. Thors come across really badly imo, it was his shit score in the squats that fucked him

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xQYesz3M6oX-MdeQv1U4pA/htmlview#gid=531126279

Did the cocky twat not wear a squat suit again?

Wow, nice one.. I was watching his documentary on Netflix (well worth a watch) he wanted to be worlds strongest man so much. I honestly thought it was out of his reach given the competition..
Yeah it's a decent watch. Very very dedicated and up until relatively recently had to juggle all his training with a ft job and young family.

Looks like Shaw dropped the final stone on his foot ?

Yeah it's a decent watch. Very very dedicated and up until relatively recently had to juggle all his training with a ft job and young family.
His missus wants a medal for putting up with him, constantly cooking his bait, looking after the bairn as he's never at home. I'd be out on me arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back