Easyjet from Newcastle - stopped ?

Thanks for the reply, but it's not really very helpful, is it?
Book with another company and don't cancel your easyJet flights. They will cancel and then you'll get a full refund. If you wait until they cancel, you may well find there will be a rush on flights with the other companies who are still flying.
Already looked into that, but daren't book anything until we know EJ have definitely cancelled our flights - don't want to end up with two sets of flights.

Plus the Jet2 ones from Newcastle on our dates are more than £200 per person more than we paid to EJ.

EDit: Even going from Leeds Bradford (Jet2's home base) it's about £85 per person more than what we originally paid to EJ.
They will cancel. And you'll end up paying even more. I know it seems like a risk but staying ahead of the game will save you money.

Last edited:

Book with another company and don't cancel your easyJet flights. They will cancel and then you'll get a full refund. If you wait until they cancel, you may well find there will be a rush on flights with the other companies who are still flying.

They will cancel. And you'll end up paying even more. I know it seems like a risk but staying ahead of the game will save you money.
hear what you're saying, but it's not all my own money I'm gambling with - it's a group of seven, family and friends - and I'm going with the group consensus at the minute.

Jap phone EJ and redirect flight to another aurport at no extra cost. They supposed to offer to pay car parking aswell.
Cheers - will talk to everyone first and see what they want to do.

Problem is, EJ are only showing flights to Faro from Glasgow, Manchester or Liverpool for our dates. Not a particularly long way away, but it's still almost as long on the road as it will be in the air.

Cheers - will talk to everyone first and see what they want to do.

Problem is, EJ are only showing flights to Faro from Glasgow, Manchester or Liverpool for our dates. Not a particularly long way away, but it's still almost as long on the road as it will be in the air.
Yeah we changed to Manc, but desperate for a hol so went with it.
Yeah we changed to Manc, but desperate for a hol so went with it.
I say that cos the flight we changed to was three times what I paid, just before you request refund.

Got flights to Faro in July next year too, just checked the site and if looking to go from Newcastle they are re routing via Bristol. So a 3 hour flight ends up either 7hrs or overnight stay in Bristol to next connecting flight. Absolute shit that like, this must have been in the pipeline when they released the summer 21 schedules and hood winked us to keep the money they have already had for nearly a year already.

Got flights to Faro in July next year too, just checked the site and if looking to go from Newcastle they are re routing via Bristol. So a 3 hour flight ends up either 7hrs or overnight stay in Bristol to next connecting flight. Absolute shit that like, this must have been in the pipeline when they released the summer 21 schedules and hood winked us to keep the money they have already had for nearly a year already.
Was that on the Easyjet site?

We have flights booked to Faro in June but I've never seen anything like that when I look at our booking?

Yep check this out, as soon as you enter Faro it goes to worldwide flights!!!!!
Best price for me is 310 return with a 9 hr flight time via bristol, or 401 with a 7hr trip. Im in the same situ as you Jet2 is 225 each more.

Yep check this out, as soon as you enter Faro it goes to worldwide flights!!!!!
Best price for me is 310 return with a 9 hr flight time via bristol, or 401 with a 7hr trip. Im in the same situ as you Jet2 is 225 each more.
Just tried that by typing in 'Faro' rather than trying to select it from the menu - didn't realise you could do that.

Best price for us is £318 - 7 hours to get there and 19 hours 🤬to get back (overnight stay not included in that price).

Looking like Jet2 from Leeds Bradford is our best bet - assuming we ever get the green light to go and there are any airlines left to book with by then.

Just tried that by typing in 'Faro' rather than trying to select it from the menu - didn't realise you could do that.

Best price for us is £318 - 7 hours to get there and 19 hours 🤬to get back (overnight stay not included in that price).

Looking like Jet2 from Leeds Bradford is our best bet - assuming we ever get the green light to go and there are any airlines left to book with by then.
Absolute crock isnt it😡
Just dont know how they can feasibly think that people will do this, thats my whack with them like.

Last edited:
We had flights to Nice family hol May half term 21. We’ve not even had an email from Easyjet conforming this has been cancelled but their website would confirm Sep this year is the last flights. You gave to complete an online claim form with a number they provide you with on an email. Well, we’ve had no email and they made the announcement almost a month ago now.
when you complete the online claim without the number they say they hope to get back to you within 28 days.
I’m afraid this is simply not good enough. Quite happy to take almost a grand off you but won’t release it back to you when they should.

Supposed to be going to lanzarote in March 21 for 10nights with tui, return flight not there anymore ,contacted them and they said you will have to wait until its confirmed to be cancelled, I said iam confirming it,they said no Tui, worth a try :D ,will see what happens

Wife has twice booked holidays to Fuerteventura from Newcastle with Jet2 (one in August, one in September, both this year) and both have been cancelled. No idea why.

Back