Easyjet from Newcastle - stopped ?

We all have to accept that travel has changed.

Low cost airlines are under huge pressure and need to re- structure their businesses.

We may see a return to the 60s/70s where air travel was not as affordable or available for the masses.

This will effect the whole travel industry from ground staff at regional airports to owners of a little pension in Greece.

We were meant to flying Newcastle to Palma return over easter weekend 2021.

The flights haven't yet been cancelled, so I phoned EJ 2 weeks ago and got nowhere with the agent. He was sticking to his story that flights haven't been cancelled but next year we would be presented with two options (a) our flight would be re-routed via another airport or (b) we would be given a refund. Told him that we would not accept the flight being re-routed, so refund was only available option. He said he was under instruction not to process any refunds. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I would receive a call within 5 hours.

Didn't receive any call, so sent a complaint e-mail to [email protected] last Wednesaday and overnight they have cancelled the booking and the refund should be returned to the original method of payment within 3 to 5 days.

If anyone isnt getting anywhere, I'd suggest an e-mail to the address above

The flights haven't yet been cancelled, so I phoned EJ 2 weeks ago and got nowhere with the agent. He was sticking to his story that flights haven't been cancelled but next year we would be presented with two options (a) our flight would be re-routed via another airport or (b) we would be given a refund. Told him that we would not accept the flight being re-routed, so refund was only available option. He said he was under instruction not to process any refunds. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I would receive a call within 5 hours.

Didn't receive any call, so sent a complaint e-mail to [email protected] last Wednesaday and overnight they have cancelled the booking and the refund should be returned to the original method of payment within 3 to 5 days.

Rang them tonight was on the phone 20 mins, refund completed. 👍

Get on the phone to them and don't take no for an answer when you ask for a refund - ask them if they can guarantee your flights will be going ahead and if not (which will be the case because they're no longer flying Newcastle to Faro) ask to speak to a Supervisor. You should get your refund.
All sorted tonight no problem, would you like a voucher or refund? Refund please :lol:

I’ve got flights to Faro booked for next May. I’m not fussed about a refund at this point because the alternative is booking with jet2 at 3 times the price. If they switch us to Manchester instead do I have any rights in terms of them paying for transport to get there?

I’ve got flights to Faro booked for next May. I’m not fussed about a refund at this point because the alternative is booking with jet2 at 3 times the price. If they switch us to Manchester instead do I have any rights in terms of them paying for transport to get there?
How much were they mate?
I was looking at flights with jet2 for may and the price was about £300-£350.

I think you'll be expected to make your own way to the airport, at your own expense.

Rumours in the trade that EJ are hanging by a thread - we cut our losses and took the refund on that basis.

How much were they mate?
We paid £140 with EJ, think the Jet2 ones are about £490 it’s 27-31 may so the bank hol. It’s a stag do so the dates are set. A lot of the lads got in early on the jet2 flights for about £300, but the price went up, and we thought we were onto a winner when EJ released their prices.

We all have to accept that travel has changed.

Low cost airlines are under huge pressure and need to re- structure their businesses.

We may see a return to the 60s/70s where air travel was not as affordable or available for the masses.

This will effect the whole travel industry from ground staff at regional airports to owners of a little pension in Greece.
Maybe short term while demand is lower. When people are able to travel again and there's money in it again it'll be back the way it was again.

Strange you had to go down that route, I sorted a trip to Albufeira for a group of 15+ on a stag for May 2021, rang up and he refunded straight away. Got an Email an hour later saying money will be back in my account within 3-5 working days.
I think you'll be expected to make your own way to the airport, at your own expense.

Rumours in the trade that EJ are hanging by a thread - we cut our losses and took the refund on that basis.
Aye thats what we did, BTW for the poster that mentioned JET2 flights to Faro are three times the price, check flying from Leeds / Bradford with Easyjet, they are cheaper than the original flights i booked (and now refunded) from Newcastle to Faro.
How much were they mate?
See above ^

Last edited:
Aye thats what we did, BTW for the poster that mentioned JET2 flights to Faro are three times the price, check flying from Leeds / Bradford with Easyjet, they are cheaper than the original flights i booked (and now refunded) from Newcastle to Faro.

See above ^
Thanks for that. It doesn’t look like EJ fly to faro from LBA but Jet2 do and its couple of hundred cheaper than Jet2 from NCL for the dates were looking at so that might be an option 👍🏼

Thanks for that. It doesn’t look like EJ fly to faro from LBA but Jet2 do and its couple of hundred cheaper than Jet2 from NCL for the dates were looking at so that might be an option 👍🏼
wizzair or someone like that also fly to faro from doncaster. not used them but people we know have, usual budget airline crack with them.

Back