Easyjet from Newcastle - stopped ?

wizzair or someone like that also fly to faro from doncaster. not used them but people we know have, usual budget airline crack with them.

They're canny enough we flew to Kiev and Rome with them on the past and would have no issues using again
wizzair or someone like that also fly to faro from doncaster. not used them but people we know have, usual budget airline crack with them.

They're canny enough we flew to Kiev and Rome with them on the past and would have no issues using again

Thanks for that. It doesn’t look like EJ fly to faro from LBA but Jet2 do and its couple of hundred cheaper than Jet2 from NCL for the dates were looking at so that might be an option 👍🏼
Could you not get an EJ refund then book Ryanair? seems a good idea if Easyjet could fold, whilst also securing cheaper seats on another airline.

Could you not get an EJ refund then book Ryanair? seems a good idea if Easyjet could fold, whilst also securing cheaper seats on another airline.
To be honest mate I’m thinking that might be best i‘ll have to speak to the other lads n see what they want to do. Not heard a thing from EJ despite it being in the news they’ve pulled out of NCL. I was hoping that they’d maybe review it in the spring and go back into NCL for the summer as surely under normal circumstances the routes from there are profitable.

To be honest mate I’m thinking that might be best i‘ll have to speak to the other lads n see what they want to do. Not heard a thing from EJ despite it being in the news they’ve pulled out of NCL. I was hoping that they’d maybe review it in the spring and go back into NCL for the summer as surely under normal circumstances the routes from there are profitable.
I honestly wouldnt risk it mate, I rang up yesterday and got straight through, explained that they have cancelled outbound flights to Faro from Newcastle that wont be running because theyre turning off the main hub and he agreed, refunded it and then I got an Email saying it will be in my account within 3-5 days. Was no hassle at all.

I finally had confirmation this week that my Newcastle to faro easyJet flights in May are cancelled.

They gave me the options of changing to Manchester or taking a refund or a voucher. I did a bit of research and apparently if your flight is cancelled your airline has a responsibility to get your there on an equivalent level even if it’s with another airline.

I rang them and said I’d rather go on Jet2 from Newcastle so could they rebook me with them instead. Got no joy or sense out of the call centre but they did say send a complaint via their contact us form.

Had an email back today saying that if I want to go from manchester or Liverpool they’ll reimburse our travel costs to get there or if we want to go from Newcastle still we can book with Jet2 instead and claim the money back from EJ after we’ve flown. This will work out better as the jet2 flights are a lot more expensive than what we paid with EJ.

Just thought I’d post this in case others don’t there are more options available than what is being offered initially...

edit - when I think about it I’m not confident we’ll even be allowed to travel in may! 😬

Last edited:
Got a Tenerife flight Feb 11, waiting for them to cancel that and then shift to next year half term. Not sure when they will cancel like.

I finally had confirmation this week that my Newcastle to faro easyJet flights in May are cancelled.

They gave me the options of changing to Manchester or taking a refund or a voucher. I did a bit of research and apparently if your flight is cancelled your airline has a responsibility to get your there on an equivalent level even if it’s with another airline.

I rang them and said I’d rather go on Jet2 from Newcastle so could they rebook me with them instead. Got no joy or sense out of the call centre but they did say send a complaint via their contact us form.

Had an email back today saying that if I want to go from manchester or Liverpool they’ll reimburse our travel costs to get there or if we want to go from Newcastle still we can book with Jet2 instead and claim the money back from EJ after we’ve flown. This will work out better as the jet2 flights are a lot more expensive than what we paid with EJ.

Just thought I’d post this in case others don’t there are more options available than what is being offered initially...

edit - when I think about it I’m not confident we’ll even be allowed to travel in may! 😬
Thanks for posting this.

We had Newcastle to Faro flights booked with EJ for June and rang them last year (November) to get a refund - it took some doing as they were trying to make us wait until this year but we insisted on the basis that they had announced they were no longer flying that route. We eventually got the money but they never offered us any of the alternatives you got and they definitely didn't mention the option of booking with another airline and claiming the difference back afterwards.

I'm wondering if it's worth dropping them an email to see if it's an option for us.

Edit: Should have mentioned that we've already re-booked with Jet2 at an extra cost of over £200 per person - there's eight of us going (hopefully) so it's a canny wedge.

Thanks for posting this.

We had Newcastle to Faro flights booked with EJ for June and rang them last year (November) to get a refund - it took some doing as they were trying to make us wait until this year but we insisted on the basis that they had announced they were no longer flying that route. We eventually got the money but they never offered us any of the alternatives you got and they definitely didn't mention the option of booking with another airline and claiming the difference back afterwards.

I'm wondering if it's worth dropping them an email to see if it's an option for us.

Any chance you could post a link to the info regarding the original airline's responsibility even if you re-book with someone else? TIA.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this.

Edit: Should have mentioned that we've already re-booked with Jet2 at an extra cost of over £200 per person - there's eight of us going (hopefully) so it's a canny wedge.

Thanks for posting this.

Any chance you could post a link to the info regarding the original airline's responsibility even if you re-book with someone else? TIA.

Surely if they've already refunded you it's case closed?

Thanks for posting this.

Give it a try mate. Just dig your heels in from the point of view that they hadn’t offered all of the options your were entitled to. Use the contact us form on the website and select general complaint. They replied to me within 2 days.

For reference have a read of the CAA website below and easyJets own terms. Both pretty much say once a booking is confirmed they have a responsibility to get you there by other means if they then cancel. I referred to both of these in my email.

Surely if they've already refunded you it's case closed?
No idea.

Got to be worth a try though - we're talking over £1600.

I'm still p!ssed off with them for releasing their Summer 2021 schedule in September, taking our booking, then announcing they were no longer flying from Newcastle about four weeks later.
Give it a try mate. Just dig your heels in from the point of view that they hadn’t offered all of the options your were entitled to. Use the contact us form on the website and select general complaint. They replied to me within 2 days.

For reference have a read of the CAA website below and easyJets own terms. Both pretty much say once a booking is confirmed they have a responsibility to get you there by other means if they then cancel. I referred to both of these in my email.

Cheers.

I'll give it a go.

Last edited:

! 😬

I would try and get that in writing if you can so its contractual and they can't deny it.

The alternative travel/cancellation rights were part of EU law and only apply to flights originating in EU countries, so they may try and weasel out of it if that law isn't one of the ones we have retained

Charter your own flight to Liverpool and send them the bill

I would try and get that in writing if you can so its contractual and they can't deny it.

The alternative travel/cancellation rights were part of EU law and only apply to flights originating in EU countries, so they may try and weasel out of it if that law isn't one of the ones we have retained

Yeah I know what you mean but surely the email will count as ’in writing’? I think I read that all EU laws have been made UK laws as a starting point post Brexit. This is the text from the email and they’ve given me a link to the claim form too.

Alternately, you can book flights with other carrier if they have available flights from Newcastle to Faro and back. Post flight you can claim the expense by filling the claim form.

In both the cases you'll have to provide us with valid receipts of travel with dates, routes and amount incurred.

Please refer the link below to claim your expenses.

Compensation Claim Form

Ok - I've sent in the compensation request and explained the circumstances of our original booking and refund.

Just going to wait for the acknowledgement and see what they say.
Yeah I know what you mean but surely the email will count as ’in writing’? I think I read that all EU laws have been made UK laws as a starting point post Brexit. This is the text from the email and they’ve given me a link to the claim form too.

Alternately, you can book flights with other carrier if they have available flights from Newcastle to Faro and back. Post flight you can claim the expense by filling the claim form.

In both the cases you'll have to provide us with valid receipts of travel with dates, routes and amount incurred.

Please refer the link below to claim your expenses.

Compensation Claim Form
If the original flights were booked when we were still officially part of the EU then surely the EU legislation would still apply regardless?

Last edited:
@beezer @Lambchops - Update on the compensation claim.

Filled in the form on Easyjet's website on Friday - original Easyjet flights that were cancelled by them were £144 per person, new replacement British Airways flights were £214 pp. Claimed the difference for 5 of us - £350.

Got a response back today to say the claim had been agreed and that the money will be in my account within 7 working days.

Last edited:
@beezer @Lambchops - Update on the compensation claim.

Filled in the form on Easyjet's website on Friday - original Easyjet flights that were cancelled by them were £144 per person, new replacement British Airways flights were £214 pp. Claimed the difference for 5 of us - £350.

Got a response back today to say the claim had been agreed and that the money will be in my account within 7 working days.
Result

Back