Easyjet from Newcastle - stopped ?

Fletch

Striker
I knew they were closing the base but was lead to believe still flying ?
akready have flights switched for 2021 and heard they stopped all flights
If go on Easyjet then you suddenly can’t book a 2021 flight from Newcastle ?

easyJet has revealed Belfast and Bristol will be the only destinations its customers will be able to fly to from Newcastle.

I knew they were closing the base but was lead to believe still flying ?
akready have flights switched for 2021 and heard they stopped all flights
If go on Easyjet then you suddenly can’t book a 2021 flight from Newcastle ?
Theres a thread elsewhere. Still doing Bristol and Belfast. Nice until autumn I think.

I think, just like the high street shops and the landlords, airlines are questioning landing fees from airports.

Looks like they've done the rounds and the only places willing to play ball are Belfast and Bristol. I suspect that Newcastle were trying to make more and more money in fees and the airlines were powerless to object due to the amount of business they were getting through the airport.

Stanstead has also been dropped as a base and that place was more or less orange with easyjet planes.

Moving forward it looks like they airlines will be shopping around for whoever quotes the best fees and they will move their flights there.
You never know NCL might start to provide cheaper fees which will result in cheaper flights.

Can’t claim refund in mine until it’s officially cancelled online eventhough got told on phone an hour ago it is cancelled ffs
They’ll be popping up again at Durham tees valley I’ve heard
Hope so need more competition and variation , have to go leeds or Manchester more often these days

Got 3 bookings wit them from beginning of December to the end of may next year.. mrs g just got through to the call centre to be told they'll be in touch in November.. not leaving much time to re arrange stuff for December like

Flights to Alicante in October came up as cancelled on the app, was just going to bin it & get a refund but the Mrs still wanted to go so have changed flights to Manchester, cost nothing extra just the pain in the arse drive down & back.
I'm booked for my mates stag do in Benidorm next April but that's through Easy Jet holidays so need to log in on the website to check that, it may be getting changed to Manchester if the lads want to sort a mini bus out, if not it'll be a refund job, only paid the deposit so far, any grief from Easy Jet & I'll be onto the bank to do a credit card chargeback, only took the nationwide 31 days the last time I did it so no fear there, I've already got a spare set of forms ready to fill in 😉

I am not arsed either way. I am not bothered whether EasyJet or anyone else stops flying out of Newcastle International Airport or not. I would love to fly (all the time) but it is not as if I am regular flyer. Although no Jersey route does upset me. That is my very first flight journey. It is sad to think I have waited since the 80's to fly and when I do I am among one of the last to fly from Newcastle to Jersey.

My lass said Jet2 is better as a company to fly with than EasyJet. She should know.

Last edited:

Back