Easyjet from Newcastle - stopped ?

Both my bookings they allowed you to request a cash refund online. It's there, just not obvious. Still waiting for the cash mind.
how find it mate , still cant see that option ?

edit - if you opt to change flights rather than refund, say now fly from manchester rather than newcastle can you also change your destination and still no charge ?

Aye all cancelled from May next year I think

Had my wedding flights for malta confirmed as not possible anymore and my mates who already had their flights booked for August next year had them cancelled last week

Aye all cancelled from May next year I think

Had my wedding flights for malta confirmed as not possible anymore and my mates who already had their flights booked for August next year had them cancelled last week
Is this flights only, or Easyjet package holidays?

We have flights booked for June next year from Newcastle to Faro and haven't heard anything yet?

Yes, it is explaining you are going nowhere from Newcastle with them (easyJet).
I already know that - I was asking if the refunds had been offered on flight only bookings or Easyjet holiday bookings.

The last I heard was that they would be reviewing next Summer's schedule in the Spring but post #183 today implies they are refunding Summer schedule flights booked for later in the year than ours and I was trying to get information on how that is possible.

Missus (no) is climbing the wall to book a holiday this year.

My point of view is that wherever you go at the moment you run the risk of it being cancelled from under you or quarantine being applied once your away.
I keep showing here that places we can go next year, with a double holiday budget and that placates here for about 30 minutes before she starts showing me web pages of dodgy Greek hotels for October again.

how find it mate , still cant see that option ?

edit - if you opt to change flights rather than refund, say now fly from manchester rather than newcastle can you also change your destination and still no charge ?

Go to
Manage Flights
Manage Disruption
Request refund link in orange halfway down page

Not sure about the change flights - I just didn't want the clart on. Booked with Ryanair instead.

My point of view is that wherever you go at the moment you run the risk of it being cancelled from under you or quarantine being applied once your away.
I keep showing here that places we can go next year, with a double holiday budget and that placates here for about 30 minutes before she starts showing me web pages of dodgy Greek hotels for October again.
Just back from Domes Corfu, great hotel but I know they are closing for the season mid October, not sure if that applies to other Corfu hotels mind

Can recommend the Bahamas hotel in Kos town - only rated 2-star but the superior rooms are as good as any 4-star I've stayed in. No kids allowed either. We booked with TUI because of the Covid guarantee they provide, but if you're prepared to risk it, it's miles cheaper if you book direct with the hotel. Plus they get all the dosh, not the measly €11 a night that TUI give them.

Go to
Manage Flights
Manage Disruption
Request refund link in orange halfway down page

Not sure about the change flights - I just didn't want the clart on. Booked with Ryanair instead.
will check that tonight, cheers

still be interested to know if change flights can you just pick a new destination , and no extra fee ?

Is that for all bookings up to and including next Summer?

Or is it only for bookings made up to the end of March next year?
Get the impression its all flights, but a lass in our office spent hours on the phone to them about a flight she had next summer newcastle to Palma.The call centre told her the flight wasn't cancelled yet, as they were still considering the option of flying some summer routes out of Newcastle. Probably a ploy to let them hang onto her money for longer.

Get the impression its all flights, but a lass in our office spent hours on the phone to them about a flight she had next summer newcastle to Palma.The call centre told her the flight wasn't cancelled yet, as they were still considering the option of flying some summer routes out of Newcastle. Probably a ploy to let them hang onto her money for longer.
Sounds like she's in the same boat as me, then.

That's basically the answer I got from them.

Our flights are to Faro in Portugal which were always popular and full, same as flights to Palma, I would imagine, so fingers crossed they will go ahead.

Is this flights only, or Easyjet package holidays?

We have flights booked for June next year from Newcastle to Faro and haven't heard anything yet?
Everything mate.

The flights are all cancelled and they use their own planes on the holiday side.

My mates booked a holiday on their site and only last week were told it’s all cancelled

Everything mate.

The flights are all cancelled and they use their own planes on the holiday side.

My mates booked a holiday on their site and only last week were told it’s all cancelled
See my post above - I was basically told that they were reviewing all flights made on their Summer 2021 schedule in Spring next year. So even if they're showing as no longer available to book on their site, there's a chance they may still go ahead if the situation, and demand, has changed enough.

It worries me though, when you say people with flights booked for August next year have been refunded already. Our flights are for June next year and we haven't heard anything as yet. So unless they've changed policy - again - and are refunding people regardless, I don't understand why we haven't been contacted as it's supposed to be in departure date order. The only other thing I can think of is that our destination (Faro) may still be a possibility to go ahead whereas your mates' destination is a definite non-starter.

Sounds like she's in the same boat as me, then.

That's basically the answer I got from them.

Our flights are to Faro in Portugal which were always popular and full, same as flights to Palma, I would imagine, so fingers crossed they will go ahead.

if easyjet aren't flying there by then from newcastle, try jet2. they always seemed to have similar flight times.
we're supposed to be off there in a fortnight quarantine rules permitting.
actually we booked as soon as they announced portugal was off the naughty list and it cost less than our easyjet refund.

if easyjet aren't flying there by then from newcastle, try jet2. they always seemed to have similar flight times.
we're supposed to be off there in a fortnight quarantine rules permitting.
actually we booked as soon as they announced portugal was off the naughty list and it cost less than our easyjet refund.
Already looked into that, but daren't book anything until we know EJ have definitely cancelled our flights - don't want to end up with two sets of flights.

Plus the Jet2 ones from Newcastle on our dates are more than £200 per person more than we paid to EJ.

EDit: Even going from Leeds Bradford (Jet2's home base) it's about £85 per person more than what we originally paid to EJ.

Last edited:

Back