Durham Big Meeting

You knew David did you? Worked at the pit with him? Stood next to him on picket lines?

That report you have cited is libelous drivel. Published after David's death when he could not defend himself. Very courageous.
What part of "The Durham Miners Association, the successor to Durham NUM, admitted giving Mr Hopper a house in County Durham', do you feel is libellous ?

He did very nicely thank you very much.

What part of "The Durham Miners Association, the successor to Durham NUM, admitted giving Mr Hopper a house in County Durham', do you feel is libellous ?

He did very nicely thank you very much.

You seem to be jealous of a man you never knew and whom you can only smear.

As I said: "Published after David's death when he could not defend himself. Very courageous.".

Thw whole article concocted from the high Tory Times is a tissue of lies and tendentious, yes, libelous, drivel.

I have not the slightest doubt that David would have pursued this in the courts.

You seem to be jealous of a man you never knew and whom you can only smear.

As I said: "Published after David's death when he could not defend himself. Very courageous.".

Thw whole article concocted from the high Tory Times is a tissue of lies and tendentious, yes, libelous, drivel.

I have not the slightest doubt that David would have pursued this in the courts.
I'd suspect that you can't accept that 'one of your own' got a free house.........as the DMA confirmed.

Ok then, he didn’t steal it. He borrowed it and never paid it back. Man of the people...

I'll take that as a "No", then.

You are bottling out of the challenge meet Ian Lavery and make your cowardly accusations – now retracted – to his face.

As were Mr Hopper's comments on the death of Margaret Thatcher....when she couldn't defend herself. Very courageous.

Thatcher death 'a great day for all the miners'

You are obviously a Tory who hates the miners.

David Hopper was commenting on the occasion of your beloved Margaret Thatcher's death. It is very hard to comment on a person's demise when they are still alive.

Her death was understandably welcomed in the mining community.

Last edited:

As do thousands of millionaire tories , who unlike Hopper haven't your interests at heart. It wasn't secret , I knew he had a property in Cuba, he even said I could stay in it for free if I ever wanted to.

You just don't get it do you? these articles are often if not made up, certainly exaggerated to denigrate anyone standing up for ordinary people, who are a threat to the bank balances of the filthy rich. Only an idiot would fall for this brainwashing bullshit

As do thousands of millionaire tories , who unlike Hopper haven't your interests at heart. It wasn't secret , I knew he had a property in Cuba, he even said I could stay in it for free if I ever wanted to.

You just don't get it do you? these articles are often if not made up, certainly exaggerated to denigrate anyone standing up for ordinary people, who are a threat to the bank balances of the filthy rich. Only an idiot would fall for this brainwashing bullshit
So what was 'made up' or 'certainly exaggerated' about the story in the link ?

I'd suspect that you can't accept that 'one of your own' got a free house.........as the DMA confirmed.

A house came with the job , what's your problem?

So what was 'made up' or 'certainly exaggerated' about the story in the link ?

Portfolio of properties, suggesting more than one, could of been two, but haters like you want to believe its dozens, which it certainly wasn't. Personally the bloke stood up for his members, his own people, putting thousands of pounds into peoples pockets, so I don't have a problem with him earning a decent wage and owning a house or three.

Last edited:
He was given a house. Could you tell me of any other job where you get to keep it rather than being allowed to live in it whilst in post ?

Who owns it now ?

And you haven't answered my question.

Doesn't matter, those were the rules of the association, voted on democratically by the NUM/DMA committee. Don't know who owns it now, don't really care , got more important things to worry about.

This. 100%

Back