Durham Big Meeting

Pretty much stole it....he’ll be there lording over the people who paid his house off.

Here's a serious offer to you.

I cannot, unfortunately, go to the DMG this year for family reasons (only the second I have missed) but I will go next year.

If you agree, I will meet you and take you to meet Ian personally so that you can confront him directly and face-to-face with your libelous accusations.

To accuse a public figure of theft is a serious libel and I think the Mods ought to help you as you clearly can't stop yourself.

At times?

So it appears.

50% leftie losers who want to blame the establishment for them being losers. 50% drunken pit village morons.

Enjoy it tbf

You certainly like a broad brush approach.

Have you informed any of these "50% drunken pit village morons" that they are as you describe?

Last edited:
Telling lies does not help you.

And, as a matter of fact, I do know Ian and have known him since the 1984/85 strike.

As regards "money", an inquiry by the official regulator, the TUCO, decided that no wrongdoing was done by Ian Lavery (and it) would not be investigating further.

He made no money off the backs of miners. I suspect that that you know very little about miners, mining or the NUM.
That's a pretty bold statement you've made, I prefer to believe the BBC enquiry, it is without doubt that he got money from the Northumberland NUM to pay his mortgage and he did not pay them back , the union asked for money back and he only paid back a reduced amount, which they accepted because of the cost of litigation. He refused to answer 9 times on camera if the union paid his mortgage. Will you be on the street waving up at him or does your personal friendship allow you to be one of those waving condescendingly down.
Not going to argue all night cos I'm going out ,but you keep company I wouldn't be seen dead with.

That's a pretty bold statement you've made, I prefer to believe the BBC enquiry, it is without doubt that he got money from the Northumberland NUM to pay his mortgage and he did not pay them back , the union asked for money back and he only paid back a reduced amount, which they accepted because of the cost of litigation. He refused to answer 9 times on camera if the union paid his mortgage. Will you be on the street waving up at him or does your personal friendship allow you to be one of those waving condescendingly down.
Not going to argue all night cos I'm going out ,but you keep company I wouldn't be seen dead with.

The BBC's "enquiry", by the seasoned witch-hunter John Sweeney, was discounted by the TUCO after a thorough investigation which found that Ian Lavery had done nothing wrong.

You prefer to believe non-facts because these non-facts – or lies in everyday parlance – fit your your argument.

I will not be waving from below or from above but I don't mind keeping company with good trade unionists, people who fight for the working class.

As I said: "He made no money off the backs of miners. I suspect that that you know very little about miners, mining or the NUM."

I can vouch for at least 1 he has informed, me :cool:

One from around 200,000 – yep, a representative sample.

Last edited:
It’s a shame what’s happened to it. Nowadays it’s labour talking shite and a load of people kicking off at the coppers. Then later the fosters drinkers, coke sniffers and disposable bbq crew get together and it turns nasty. It’s a disgrace. Pissing in folks gardens and I’ve even heard about bricks going through windows. Disgusting really.
The Labour leaders apart from Tory Blair and the Welsh windbag have always attended before me and you were born. the police and the NUM had a fractious relationship which has improved with time. Lived in Durham for thirty years not having heard of people pissing in anyone garden or putting window out you may know different. Most people are gone by the night time and the city is usually more quiet than a normal Saturday but what do I know only been to the last 50 Big Meetings

Last edited:
The Labour leaders apart from Tory Blair and the Welsh windbag have always attended before me and you were born. the police and the NUM had a fractious relationship which has improved with time. Lived in Durham for thirty years not having heard of people pissing in anyone garden or putting window out you may know different. Most people are gone by the night time and the city is usually more quiet than a normal Saturday but what do I know only been to the last 50 Big Meetings
I wouldn't waste your breath mate that's defo just another one of his windups, he will post a git long negative comment to get some bites, his famous one was on the wee philly thread although that one was very amusing

Thanks, marra. Nice to see the truth written to counter the rubbish that the Tories on here throw about.

Last went about 9 years ago,wont be going again,corbyn :(:(:(:(:( no thanks,brexit :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: no thanks,iam emigrating soon :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

blessed :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yes. That's what the Bishop or Dean of Durham does to consecrate new banners at the annual Miners' Service at Durham Cathedral.

Last edited:
It’s full of people looking to cause trouble. If I walked through with a Tory banner I’d get smacked

Here's a serious offer to you.

I cannot, unfortunately, go to the DMG this year for family reasons (only the second I have missed) but I will go next year.

If you agree, I will meet you and take you to meet Ian personally so that you can confront him directly and face-to-face with your libelous accusations.

To accuse a public figure of theft is a serious libel and I think the Mods ought to help you as you clearly can't stop yourself.

So it appears.

You certainly like a broad brush approach.

Have you informed any of these "50% drunken pit village morons" that they are as you describe?

Ok then, he didn’t steal it. He borrowed it and never paid it back. Man of the people...

It’s full of people looking to cause trouble. If I walked through with a Tory banner I’d get smacked
That's just the type of thing you would do, just as a joke like but either way I don't think there would be violence just a lot of name calling and possibly abuse.

Back