Dubai again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot understand why people go there.
Its a horrific place by all accounts.
The naivety on here at times bares no bounds.

A horrific place by all accounts?

Complete bollocks that mate. I was there in the summer and its actually a fantastic place to visit and its not my usual type of place to go.

Culture was fascinating, the day trip to the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi was breathtaking.

Desert camping, Dune boarding, Burj Khalifa, Emirates Golf, Dubai Fountains, The extrodinary shopping malls, hotels and restaurants, blistering weather with a combination of skyscraper buildings set amongst jungle-esc surroundings.

Granted the whole place has been pretty much built on wealth but to say its ‘horrific’ is bizzarre.

I wasnt fussed on visiting Dubai but pleased i did, great place and would go back. The food and service being one of the main reasons, better than anything i have had anywhere before and im fairly well travelled.

If it doesnt appeal thats fine but make your own judgement instead of reading what shite people say and regurgitating nonsense.

As for people getting in bother, it evidentally happens but nowhere near as bad as what people make out.

Been, enjoyed, can see the attraction, probably won't be rushing back. The sea is manky.
Aye the sea isnt great mind, like sitting in a red hot bath :lol:

Complete bollocks that mate. I was there in the summer and its actually a fantastic place to visit and its not my usual type of place to go.

Culture was fascinating, the day trip to the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi was breathtaking.

Desert camping, Dune boarding, Burj Khalifa, Emirates Golf, Dubai Fountains, The extrodinary shopping malls, hotels and restaurants, blistering weather with a combination of skyscraper buildings set amongst jungle-esc surroundings.

Granted the whole place has been pretty much built on wealth but to say its ‘horrific’ is bizzarre.

I wasnt fussed on visiting Dubai but pleased i did, great place and would go back. The food and service being one of the main reasons, better than anything i have had anywhere before and im fairly well travelled.

If it doesnt appeal thats fine but make your own judgement instead of reading what shite people say and regurgitating nonsense.

As for people getting in bother, it evidentally happens but nowhere near as bad as what people make out.

Aye the sea isnt great mind, like sitting in a red hot bath :lol:

What visit then pass comment? Bit of an off the wall approach that marra!

I loved it too, brunch, beach, desert safari, burj, old town shopping, meals out etc. Flight on emirates was brilliant too n got returns for a bargain 350each.

Shitloads of scaremungering by press/folk whove never been.

A nation that currently exploits slave labour and corruption , the weather is far too hot and uncomfortable. The whole experience felt false and the majority of its people don’t like westerners as is shown when they visit England and show a total disregard for our laws and cultures .
Apart from that .....

I loved it too, brunch, beach, desert safari, burj, old town shopping, meals out etc. Flight on emirates was brilliant too n got returns for a bargain 350each.

You are both missing the major point.

Amazing place, like already said. Actually amazing people on the whole (the locals especially) but there is always a huge risk, for anyone! It’s not scaremongering, it’s fact.

Chances of it happening, probably slim. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen all too often though.

Go. Enjoy. Be wary.

It genuinely sounds like one of the single worst travel destinations in the world with literally nothing going for it other than cash.

It actually isn’t. Just along the road, Abu Dhabi, even better.

Just a bit mental whe it comes to the hypocrisy.

Someone crashes into your car while your asleep in bed - Go to Jail
Someone bumps you in a bar -Go to Jail
Courts change your hearing date and don't tell you or your lawyer - Go to Jail for a month just for fun

I'm not even scratching the surface here, there's thousands of examples - so much so, there are groups out there that only exist to offer support to foreigners who's been mis-treated. Its a f***ing backwards shithole built on foundations of sand (literally and figuratively). You honestly couldn't pay me to go there.

Someone crashes into your car while your asleep in bed - Go to Jail
Someone bumps you in a bar -Go to Jail
Courts change your hearing date and don't tell you or your lawyer - Go to Jail for a month just for fun

I'm not even scratching the surface here, there's thousands of examples - so much so, there are groups out there that only exist to offer support to foreigners who's been mis-treated. Its a f***ing backwards shithole built on foundations of sand (literally and figuratively). You honestly couldn't pay me to go there.
Once the oil/ money runs out they will soon revert back to beheading each other .

I was trying to emphasise the point of dont just brandish it a ‘horrific place by all accounts’ without knowing more about it, clearly anyone brandishing it a ‘horrific place’ has no idea of Dubai itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back