Dubai again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some are but not all, ours were class. Rule of thumb used to be would you spend the night there

Aye, I know certainly in Abu Dhabi they had some “show case” ones which were decent, but then there were plenty dotted around which were horrendous with busloads of poor sods in and out of them, wondering what they had signed up for.

I've really enjoyed myself every time I've been.

Great weather
Fantastic hotels for a great price
Great food
Great flight over there from NCL
Theme and water parks for the kids
Good shopping for the missus
Plenty of party options if wanted
Good beaches

Never had an ounce of bother there and the Emirati have always been canny.

Aye, I know certainly in Abu Dhabi they had some “show case” ones which were decent, but then there were plenty dotted around which were horrendous with busloads of poor sods in and out of them, wondering what they had signed up for.
I saw some horrific ones when looking for ours and yes some of the fellas looked miserable as sin but the vast majority are there by choice and God knows what their alternatives are. A lot of people in the world live in extreme poverty but we don't often get to see it, somewhere like Dubai is where rich and ( really ) poor clash.

The same will apply to many consumer goods but we don't get to see the origins

I saw some horrific ones when looking for ours and yes some of the fellas looked miserable as sin but the vast majority are there by choice and God knows what their alternatives are. A lot of people in the world live in extreme poverty but we don't often get to see it, somewhere like Dubai is where rich and ( really ) poor clash.

The same will apply to many consumer goods but we don't get to see the origins

Absolutely there by choice, with the promise of a better life and this and that...borrowing money from shady companies to get there, then now what it says on the tin, but they are stuck there.

The “lucky” ones get to drive cabs or do less manual work. A real eye opener.

Absolutely there by choice, with the promise of a better life and this and that...borrowing money from shady companies to get there, then now what it says on the tin, but they are stuck there.

The “lucky” ones get to drive cabs or do less manual work. A real eye opener.
Would love to know the split of those who were happy and those whose been stitched up. Of course we never will as officially everyone loves the place unreservedly and admires the leaders vision and compassion !

Would love to know the split of those who were happy and those whose been stitched up. Of course we never will as officially everyone loves the place unreservedly and admires the leaders vision and compassion !

Haha, indeed! It’s all positive, everyone loves it...the bad parts are hidden (as much as possible)

Still love the place mind.

As are large parts of London but it doesnt stop millions having long weekends there.
Londons a class city for a weekend away. Plenty of history, sight seeing, food and drinks. I hate shopping and modern shopping malls and can't for the life of me see what the attraction is with dubai.

Havnt been to date but good friends of ours go at least once a year with the kids.Might pop over there in the next couple of year as I'm looking at investing in a Gold Rolex Yachtmaster and I'm told it's the place to go for this type of timepiece .

Havnt been to date but good friends of ours go at least once a year with the kids.Might pop over there in the next couple of year as I'm looking at investing in a Gold Rolex Yachtmaster and I'm told it's the place to go for this type of timepiece .
Some of the shops in Karama used to have the front of a clothes shop, as the shopkeeper about a watch, and a secret panel behind the shirts would be opened to reveal a staircase, which lead to the watch showroom. All fake of course.

£20 in Karama !
Ha ,

I'm not into snide gear mate,funny when people show me 'mint' copy's that you 'can't tell the difference ,and made in the same factory'

Never seen a good one yet .

Some of the shops in Karama used to have the front of a clothes shop, as the shopkeeper about a watch, and a secret panel behind the shirts would be opened to reveal a staircase, which lead to the watch showroom. All fake of course.
Can't see the logic in buying a fake ,it's like kit car Lamborghinis etc .Whats the point ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back