Dubai again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodom and Gomarrah spring to mind. Last place on earth I would want to visit. And to think more cities in future are likely to use Dubai as a prototype, scary !

A retarded nation in the extreme. If it wasn't for oil they would still be hunter gatherers. They basically got given black gold and didn't develop as a species/nation.

Horrible the lot of them

A retarded nation in the extreme. If it wasn't for oil they would still be hunter gatherers. They basically got given black gold and didn't develop as a species/nation.

Horrible the lot of them
They were never hunter gatherer's, they were pirates and pearl fishermen, oil is less than 5% of Dubai's GDP and some of them are actually quite nice, other than that you were close

I saw some horrific ones when looking for ours and yes some of the fellas looked miserable as sin but the vast majority are there by choice and God knows what their alternatives are. A lot of people in the world live in extreme poverty but we don't often get to see it, somewhere like Dubai is where rich and ( really ) poor clash.

The same will apply to many consumer goods but we don't get to see the origins

Stop using slave labour? Quite simple really.

I work with all men, but there's a lass that fits that exact description supposedly starting with us next year. Should be interesting.
She will be a wad ,not that you'd marry it etc but a wad all the same .

Stop using slave labour? Quite simple really.
I meant the poor buggers from India etc but define slave labour ?

Yes some are connected and some are in bad conditions but the lads I worked with were earning 5x what they could at home and supporting extended families at home

I meant the poor buggers from India etc but define slave labour ?

Yes some are connected and some are in bad conditions but the lads I worked with were earning 5x what they could at home and supporting extended families at home

Think I’ll hire some immigrants and pay them £3 an hour but it’s ok as it’s five times what they would earn back home.

Know a few people who live there an love it. Too risky for me imo. I know a bloke who is a pilot for a private airline over there who flies a load of rich Saudis about. Says they are bigger drinkers than anyone else he knows, they just don't do it in their own country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back