Dubai again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate if the sponsor doesn't want you to leave then you can't, it's happened to me when I was going on holiday a few years ago I got to the airport and he forgotten to authorize it so I was blocked until he went online and unblocked it.

I have been in a lot of contact with Julie Elliott our local MP but nothing is happening out British embassy are useless they have told me point blank there is nothing they are allowed to get involved with, my next step is the media, I have a new court date for the 12th of November but I don't hold much hope for that.

Absolute nightmare mate! Gutted for you. How many of you, all Brits??

Is there anything similar to that detained in Dubai group who are always in the papers? Or having to fund everything yourself?
I had to apply for their version of legal aid, but they appointed the solicitor. And to be honest I don't trust him.

I can't recall exactly but I think I was paying £8+ for a pint, it makes for an expensive night out. Not as bad as the Heineken Lounge in the airport. Eleven f***ing quid a pint in April this year.
I used to get my Heineken delivered to the gaff by an Arthur Daly type Flip. He could get you anything you wanted. Cheap as chips anarl.

Aye best not too mate, all f***ing corrupt!
I was using my lass as an interpreter because his English is shit so he had her phone number, he called her up one day to ask her why is she with a non Muslim and that it is wrong shame on her etc.

It wasn't too bad really, in the right places.

New 100% VAT on booze and cigs though, so not sure about prices from april this year?!

How does it work if you move over there with yur missus? She has regular medication needs for crohns, can you obtain normal meds there or do you pay? What happens if you get ill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back