Drunkest you have ever been at the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
South Shields pre season last year. It was the day of the England Australia cricket semi final and I was off work so went to chaplins about 1 on my own to watch the afternoons play and wait for mates finishing work. Drank all afternoon then went to the pelaw inn when changing metros and leaving there’s the last I can remember. Have no memory of being in the ground, asked my mate the following day about how we got home and apparently the last time he seen me was at half time.

Woke up 10 minutes before I was due to start work on the Friday morning, grim.

South Shields pre season last year. It was the day of the England Australia cricket semi final and I was off work so went to chaplins about 1 on my own to watch the afternoons play and wait for mates finishing work. Drank all afternoon then went to the pelaw inn when changing metros and leaving there’s the last I can remember. Have no memory of being in the ground, asked my mate the following day about how we got home and apparently the last time he seen me was at half time.

Welcome to my world 😂

Loads, worst is when you have to check the match stats the next day to find out exactly what happened. One trip to Anfield In the Reidy years we cracked open the Stella at about 7am and I think I was asleep in the second half. Total waste of money

Did anyone see a lad in a black hoodie, on his knees, spewing his ring up outside the stadium after we beat Chelsea 3-2 in the Allardyce season?

That was me. Absolutely smashed.

Derby away at Birmingham City away about 10 years ago. Litre of vodka on the bus beween a couple of us and drinking round some dodgy pubs before the game. Cut a long story short, staggered to my feet at the end to applaud a hard fought 0-0 only to find out we lost 1-0. Think they'd scored early second half when we were still down the back talking bollocks

Brighton away 1987. Lost 3 0. Decided at 2 45 we could still fit in another pint. Arrived at the ground by taxi in the end. Most bladdered I have ever been at a match.

Not a bad boozer,lovely Italian upstairs.

A couple of years ago vs Norwich, been awful weather for weeks prior, out of absolutely nowhere was a blistering hot day. Had to make the most of it so we started drinking about 9am, I would've paced myself better but our train stopped just outside Ipswich and we were stuck there for 3 hours, with nothing else to do my drinking speed quickly accelerated. I don't remember how I got into the ground, or any of the game, but I do remember I could see triple of every player and had no idea where the ball was, just what area it was in from the way the fans around me were looking. I sat down after about 70 minutes and just daydreamed as I had no idea what was going on around me.

Sadly the one when the mags beat us 0-1 Taylor free kick. Wht a shit day, came pissed as fuck got. My self right up for it, so confident about us winning, then just sat in my seat chemist and fed up.

The worse for me was an away corporate match at Wolves.
Started on the train going up, met up with the Wolves (hosts) and a few Baggies that were coming along to support Swindon. Then started drinking, had drinks in the box then realised I was so pissed I had double vision. Unfortunately Wolves also had 22 players and the two balls ended up in our net at the same time losing 1-0 (not 2-0) :)
Few more beers after and went clubbing that night.
I was wasted.

Man City (A) 1994, Scott Sellars put us 1-0 up after 20 minutes, thats the last thing I remember of the game....kept drinking on the bus home, straight to Shields for last orders and clubbing....
Got up the next morning still happy with the day before, good away win, strolled to the paper shop for the Sunday Sun and a bottle of milk to sort me out, straight to the back page of the paper to see we'd been beaten 2-1...couldn't believe it....looking back City equalised less than 15 minutes later so I must have been in some state....

Been a few :lol:
Everton away a few seasons back.
Early bus, after drinking Red Stripe and Jäger on the way down we met up with a few Evertonian mates before the game who took us in a couple of their local boozers.
I can remember going in the ground but none of the match (the one where Danny Graham scored)
Came out the ground and the crowd seemed to be getting bluer and bluer, not a red and white top in sight so turned around and lost my bearings then realised that I was lost.
Mate was screaming down the phone to me that needed to get back to the bus asap as it was pulling out and I just thought ‘fuck it’ and hoyed myself in the nearest pub to gather my thoughts.
Another mate that was on the bus jumped off and came to find me so we had a couple of pints and decided the best course of action was to book into the Adelphi and have a drunken night around Liverpool. We managed one bar after that. :lol:
The walk on train ticket cost me a fortune the next day.

There's been a few, most notably the mags away when Shearer missed the penna. I got thrown out at half time and then arested. Totally monged trying to calm my nerves before the game.

Another was at highbury, Davor Suker scored after about 4 mins. I twisted on to the steward about having shite seats and I got chucked out. I tried to sneak back in all game.

I've had a couple of pints at our games in the past, but can say that I've never been drunk.

Witnessed it all pretty much sober :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back