Drunkest you have ever been at the match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Away at your place, 13/14. 0-0 draw, by all accounts the worst game of football ever.

19 years old, started drinking snakebites on the minibus at 6am. Pulled into a decent working men's club kinda thing at about half 12 and went straight on the jagers. Fell through a table of Sunderland fans trying to have their lunch, walked into a burger van, licked one half of my friends missus' face entirely clean of makeup, remember fuck all about the game, passed out as soon as I got on the bus home and threw up when we pulled up.

Remember absolutely fuck all, but apparently I was a nightmare

Away at your place, 13/14. 0-0 draw, by all accounts the worst game of football ever.

19 years old, started drinking snakebites on the minibus at 6am. Pulled into a decent working men's club kinda thing at about half 12 and went straight on the jagers. Fell through a table of Sunderland fans trying to have their lunch, walked into a burger van, licked one half of my friends missus' face entirely clean of makeup, remember fuck all about the game, passed out as soon as I got on the bus home and threw up when we pulled up.

Remember absolutely fuck all, but apparently I was a nightmare

That sounds like me on our bus before we left the A19 😂

That sounds like me on our bus before we left the A19 😂
Also remember going to Coventry once on the official club coaches. I was about 16 this time, pissed before leaving London, carried on smashing it all the way up, pulled into the stadium car park and had a full on vomcano. Literally went everywhere, and I just spent the entire game sitting on my own looking green and like I was gonna pass out. Everyone saw the state of my clobber and gave me a wild birth 😂

Also remember going to Coventry once on the official club coaches. I was about 16 this time, pissed before leaving London, carried on smashing it all the way up, pulled into the stadium car park and had a full on vomcano. Literally went everywhere, and I just spent the entire game sitting on my own looking green and like I was gonna pass out. Everyone saw the state of my clobber and gave me a wild birth 😂

Apart from the Fulham incident which I posted I've regaled this moment loads of times on here

WBA away steve Watson OG

Only time I've really been involved with polis

Did my hhhhhhh roar at half time yes half time anyway up come these 2 polis

Cmon son your nicked i was shitting myself anyway thankfully one of the stewards in our end knew me

& just said to polis no way was I pissed but I accepted the caution & got chucked out of the ground

My da was gan mental on the way back think I was 25 too

Got a letter off the club few days later telling me not to dee it again (ahem ) 😂

Apart from the Fulham incident which I posted I've regaled this moment loads of times on here

WBA away steve Watson OG

Only time I've really been involved with polis

Did my hhhhhhh roar at half time yes half time anyway up come these 2 polis

Cmon son your nicked i was shitting myself anyway thankfully one of the stewards in our end knew me

& just said to polis no way was I pissed but I accepted the caution & got chucked out of the ground

My da was gan mental on the way back think I was 25 too

Got a letter off the club few days later telling me not to dee it again (ahem ) 😂
:lol: :lol:

27th April 1996, google says it was West Brom at home, all I remember is that I’d been out for my 17th birthday, I’d been thrown out of Ku for throwing up on myself, I spewed all over high street, and I got my arse out of bed just in time to go and stand on the Roker end with my dad and my brother wishing I was dead.

Winning the league that day done nothing to make me feel any better

Coventry away. On the piss from 7am, into a workmans club pre match. Only just remember leaving the club and being told I would never be allowed into the ground. I got in and had another 3 pints at half time. No recollection of the game or getting home. It was this match, Pompey were out for revenge for one of their fans losing an eye in a previous encounter between the two clubs.

April 1973. About 8 of us (all 18-19 years old) went on the special train to Sheffield. Started on the cans early, then onto spirits.

We were all pissed by 12, but then we "revived" and started up again into the pub.

However one lad in particular was a bit over-excited and was downing pints and chasers like mad, could not stop and by the time we got to the ground he was gone and as he fell into his seat (yeh we had seats, first time ever!) he fell into a state of unconsciousness.

So I watched the fantastic SAFC v ARSENAL Cup Semi at Hillsborough sat next to a mate who never saw one minute of the action! What an idiot!

Fortunately I didn't miss a second of that great day.

Last edited:
Stoke away in April, maybe 4/5 years ago, just so happened to fall on my dad's 50th birthday. We drew 1-1 I believe after going 1-0 up inside a few minutes. Got the coach from Billingham at daft o'clock in the morning. Went the extra mile with the drink for the occasion, I think by 9am someone was passing a bottle of Jagermesiter around the bus. We stopped off at somewhere called Sandbach on the way, where we entered a pub full of Wolves fans. Soon enough "It's Alex Rae, Alex Alex Rae" was blasting around the pub and we all had a good sing song. Needless to say by kick off we were both very well oiled and aside from my dad taking being filmed by the police very personally (we all were, not just him :lol:) we saw the game out fine.
We got dropped off somewhere around 8/9pm I believe and we went straight into the pub. My dad's mate was that drunk he genuinely couldn't tell us his own birthday :lol:
I don't have a great memory of the game, but one of my favourite photos of all time came from it. Me and my old man, a few minutes in, celebrating the goal together!

Bristol City away in the 70's got hammered on the overnight bus woke up when we got there and continued. Got in the ground (open end) and fell asleep on the terrace around 2.30pm got woken up by some lads at 5.50pm we had lost 4-1 apparentaly
Cardiff away (that game) drank a bottle of whisky with a mate on the bus about 20 mile outside cardiff absolutely hammered in the ground- tried to climb the fence seperating both sets of fans threw the empty bottle on the pitch. We supposedly stopped at a place called Usk on the way back and everyone went for a few beers and a curry - i never knew anything about it as was asleep on the bus

I was a little bit drunk.

Other mentions are Man Utd under Bruce (2-2) West Brom (Keane and McCarthy) and Forest (McCarthy)

Home games a few 5.15 ko's- Leeds under Grayson I was battered.
As was General Zod

Stoke at Victoria Park in about 76. Remember getting picked up at Nookside fire station, having a burger outside the ground, trying to eat the said burger while running backwards to escape their nutters, then regaining a bit clarity in Tiffs( the mecca) about 1 in the morning. Nowt else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back