Drones

new regulations come in from tonight. i've been saving for a PfCO course which now becomes a GVC certificate from tonight, but...an A2 CofC course will also let you do commercial work. I've just bought mine, only £99. they're essential if you don't want to end up with a fine and can fly closer to people/over people and closer to buildings.

Last edited:

I bought a really cheap toy one earlier in the year. About 30 quid, no camera. Just for a bit of fun with the lad.

Probably my best purchase of the year. Took an age to get the hang of it, but great fun and inspired me enough to look at something more substantial.

Any suggestions? Im not looking for anything spectacular or with top cameras. Just something fun to fly. Any suggestions on what to look for?

I bought a really cheap toy one earlier in the year. About 30 quid, no camera. Just for a bit of fun with the lad.

Probably my best purchase of the year. Took an age to get the hang of it, but great fun and inspired me enough to look at something more substantial.

Any suggestions? Im not looking for anything spectacular or with top cameras. Just something fun to fly. Any suggestions on what to look for?

DJI drones are the way to go market leaders the new mavic air is under 250gms

new regulations come in from tonight. i've been saving for a PfCO course which now becomes a GVC certificate from tonight, but...an A2 CofC course will also let you do commercial work. I've just bought mine, only £99. they're essential if you don't want to end up with a fine and can fly closer to people/over people and closer to buildings.
might get one next week

not really sure why you posted that
In case someone had not seen it.
might get one next week
The laws changed today- a lot of drones can no longer be flown over residential, recreational, industrial or commercial areas. Parks beaches all illegal with £1000 fine.

Mavic air2 now in category that means it can only be flown in open countryside.

Last edited:
In case someone had not seen it.

The laws changed today- a lot of drones can no longer be flown over residential, recreational, industrial or commercial areas. Parks beaches all illegal with £1000 fine.

Mavic air2 now in category that means it can only be flown in open countryside.
What you telling me for ?

Is it pretty easy and quick to do?

Really easy. The site I enrolled on broke everything down into about 5 min chunks. Then you can do the mock exam as many times as you want. You get an hour and 15 to do it and I did it in 5 mins with 100%.

Learnt quite a lot and it was really interesting

Back