Drones

Keep it in direct sight,,, that wont happen in practice.
Supposed to be nearly 5 mile on mine so how you can keep it in line of sight. Theres 2 rth heights if I remember on the MAV....one if you press the physical button on the controller and one if you use the software verion I think.
Might be wrong. I'll be honest and say I didn't read any instructions ...just got out of box and took off.
Really need to get into it better as it's unlimited what you can do.

Supposed to be nearly 5 mile on mine so how you can keep it in line of sight. Theres 2 rth heights if I remember on the MAV....one if you press the physical button on the controller and one if you use the software verion I think.
Might be wrong. I'll be honest and say I didn't read any instructions ...just got out of box and took off.
Really need to get into it better as it's unlimited what you can do.
My air had a crazy range to, furthest i took it was about a mile and my arse went. Iirc it will go so far then the app tells you to return to home as the battery is reaching borderline to get back to you. If the wind is blowing behind it and it is in sports mode thes things can shift.

Great fun.

My Mavic pro is sat in the corner here, I recharge the 3 batteries every few months with the intention of taking it out again but never get round to it

Anyone looking at flogging an unused impulse buy?
SINCE YOU ARE AN ARDENT REMAINER....GET TO FUCK

seriously too much fun to be had when you do take them out.

Costco was the cheapest around when I bought mine
My air had a crazy range to, furthest i took it was about a mile and my arse went. Iirc it will go so far then the app tells you to return to home as the battery is reaching borderline to get back to you. If the wind is blowing behind it and it is in sports mode thes things can shift.

Great fun.
Think I went about 2 mile, clever how if it loses the signal it will return home and if the battery will not last to get home it will turn around. clever stuff.

When I got to 120m high I used to gan jelly legs especially with the goggles on. strange.

Now that there's n o flights I'm tempted to take it higher.

Saw some youtube footage of folk sending them up 1000's of feet....scary.

Last edited:
SINCE YOU ARE AN ARDENT REMAINER....GET TO FUCK

seriously too much fun to be had when you do take them out.

Costco was the cheapest around when I bought mine

Think I went about 2 mile, clever how if it loses the signal it will return home and if the battery will not last to get home it will turn around. clever stuff.

When I got to 120m high I used to gan jelly legs especially with the goggles on. strange.

Now that there's n o flights I'm tempted to take it higher.

Saw some youtube footage of folk sending them up 1000's of feet....scary.
Great fun, miss mine. I was too scared of a flyaway, so it had to go.

Great fun, miss mine. I was too scared of a flyaway, so it had to go.
Know what you mean
Took mine to Coniston reservoir and flew it over skimming just above the surface ...then thought what the fuck a wrong twist of the stick and it’s at the bottom never to be seen again
So I packed it up and never used it again
Stupid really

Any drone owners on here? I’m a videographer and currently a bit Donald Ducked due to this virus so have just bought a Mavic Air 2 which is on its way from Chyy-na as we speak. Hoping to make some money with some “very” remote videos. Got a couple of jobs with property developers lined up and wracking my brain to think of some other industry’s that may be interested.
Drug delivery to nicks must be lucrative 😂

Here’s my first effort. Well my first was a tentative flight on a beach but got up this morning for 5am to catch a sunrise and grab the blue hour.

Really nice video and B-roll.

You need to get your drone marked up with your operator ID to make it legal though or a jobsworth PC will be relieving you of it, and I think you might have been a bit closer than 150m to a built up area and 50m from any structures :p

Really nice video and B-roll.

You need to get your drone marked up with your operator ID to make it legal though or a jobsworth PC will be relieving you of it, and I think you might have been a bit closer than 150m to a built up area and 50m from any structures :p

Operator iD is on it just not the angle from my b-roll. Not sure any of those areas can be classed as built up. Would the shot through the bandstand be classed as illegal then?

Operator iD is on it just not the angle from my b-roll. Not sure any of those areas can be classed as built up. Would the shot through the bandstand be classed as illegal then?

I am sure technically it would be (although not if it didn't have a camera on it) as the current law for flying drones with a camera says "within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft"

There are a lot of people doing a lot worse and getting away with it and I am sure the CAA are pretty busy anyway - although that said they probably are bored with nowt to do now cos hardly any planes are flying!

To be honest I think the law is all a bit vague at the moment (probably deliberately) as the "drone code" isn't actually law as I understand it - its just guidance, although the law says you must fly in a safe manner and obviously covers restricted zones, line of sight and maximum heights (and the extra rules if the drone has a camera attached). Obviously if you don't follow the "drone code" your case isn't strong for flying safely though.

The law is essentially playing catch-up still.

Here’s my first effort. Well my first was a tentative flight on a beach but got up this morning for 5am to catch a sunrise and grab the blue hour.
Excellent footage and editing skills. Well done. Great arnt they, if you have the time and enjoy photography it is a great hobby.

Back