Drones

Travis

Striker
Any drone owners on here? I’m a videographer and currently a bit Donald Ducked due to this virus so have just bought a Mavic Air 2 which is on its way from Chyy-na as we speak. Hoping to make some money with some “very” remote videos. Got a couple of jobs with property developers lined up and wracking my brain to think of some other industry’s that may be interested.

yeah ive got a P4P. use it for shots in films and documentaries. i was going to get the PfCO but I don't do commercial work and the markets saturated with people looking for drone work. so for me, the cost of the PfCO outweighed potential work so I got an anamorphic adapter instead.

Any drone owners on here? I’m a videographer and currently a bit Donald Ducked due to this virus so have just bought a Mavic Air 2 which is on its way from Chyy-na as we speak. Hoping to make some money with some “very” remote videos. Got a couple of jobs with property developers lined up and wracking my brain to think of some other industry’s that may be interested.

The good news is you will be able to do commercial work after September without the PfCO, the bad news is that in 2 years time that drone won't be allowed within 150m of anything due to the changing rules (which is true of any drone over 250g which is being manufactured today). There are various new rules about type certification and different classes of drones being introduced.

There was something really weird in the sky earlier today, it was like a chemtrail going straight up through the cloud then it just ended. It was right over the Sunderland area. Other sightings have been actually been reported in other countries too. Looked really strange never seen anything like it before, the white trail it left was about the same size of an airliner trail but its direction and visibility made no sense as it pointed straight up into space then just stopped.

yeah ive got a P4P. use it for shots in films and documentaries. i was going to get the PfCO but I don't do commercial work and the markets saturated with people looking for drone work. so for me, the cost of the PfCO outweighed potential work so I got an anamorphic adapter instead.
Nice. Rules changing are they not although November now and not July so PfCO will be obsolete. Commercial work will be easier to do without red tape. To be honest I got it as someone in editing some stuff for asked if I did it and I bought one on back of that (will be paid for with work from that job) hopefully will be back doing my normal job within a month or two so will be used mainly for fun and use for the odd job. Plus I’m filming some stuff in Africa next year so be a good extra for me as I had to pay someone to do it for me last time.

Any of your work available to see?

There was something really weird in the sky earlier today, it was like a chemtrail going straight up through the cloud then it just ended. It was right over the Sunderland area. Other sightings have been actually been reported in other countries too. Looked really strange never seen anything like it before, the white trail it left was about the same size of an airliner trail but its direction and visibility made no sense as it pointed straight up into space then just stopped.

Which has sweet FA to do with drones. I think the UFO forum is what you are looking for.

There’s nothing concrete about this is there? Read something about certain drones becoming legacy drones and won’t be able to be used after 2022. So where does that leave drone owners? Will we have to buy a new one based on certain criteria?

Nice. Rules changing are they not although November now and not July so PfCO will be obsolete. Commercial work will be easier to do without red tape. To be honest I got it as someone in editing some stuff for asked if I did it and I bought one on back of that (will be paid for with work from that job) hopefully will be back doing my normal job within a month or two so will be used mainly for fun and use for the odd job. Plus I’m filming some stuff in Africa next year so be a good extra for me as I had to pay someone to do it for me last time.

Any of your work available to see?

you'll still need a PfCO as you're gaining a taxable income from it. only thing I've got is a trailer with a drone shot at the beginning

Just a daft thought I had

it's a good idea! you'd need a loudspeaker on it though so you can shout and tell the golfer to hurry up cos the batterie's going down :lol:

Last edited:
Did it look owt like this mate?

Logon or register to see this image

Bought a Mav pro last year with the goggles . Amazing when your flying about as it’s as if your up there.
Never been out the box for ages.
Seems like more and more folk are quick to report them now .

Bought a Mav pro last year with the goggles . Amazing when your flying about as it’s as if your up there.
Never been out the box for ages.
Seems like more and more folk are quick to report them now .
You spent about £2k on the equipment and you don’t use it because people report them? Costs £9 a year for a licence and as long as you fly it within the boundaries set by the CAA and do it safely there’s nothing anyone can do. Seems like a waste

^^perv.

The good news is you will be able to do commercial work after September without the PfCO, the bad news is that in 2 years time that drone won't be allowed within 150m of anything due to the changing rules (which is true of any drone over 250g which is being manufactured today). There are various new rules about type certification and different classes of drones being introduced.
DJI mini 250 grams - a right sneaky little drone- it’s a good bit of amateur kit but the air that you have bought is unbelievable for the price - I hope you enjoy your amazing drone.
249 - sorry

I bet that was an accident

Back