Driving and phones

I don’t think women are poorer drivers. I just think they’re heavier users of social media and more likely to use their phone whilst driving. Especially at traffic lights.
😂. I slow clap them when they're attempting to parallel park.

Should have teams of police looking out for this. First in unmarked car as a spotter. Second backing them up by pulling over offender.

First offence crush the phone on the spot.

Second offence crush the car.

It is a totally avoidable crime like drink driving. No sympathy for them whatsoever.

You do have teams looking for this. And if one cop in an unmarked has seen it, then why do you need another car to pull them over?

You do have teams looking for this. And if one cop in an unmarked has seen it, then why do you need another car to pull them over?
I had envisaged the first cop noting cars coming the other way where the drivers are on the phone, and relaying the message back to their colleague further down the road to pull them over but being alert to film the driver on camera for prosecution evidence.

The sneakiest ones are like an earlier poster said. You can see their eyes are looking fown at the lap where their phone is while they are driving.

Great news that there are police teams out doing this. It just seems to be like the offending motorists perceive the chances of being caught are slim to nil. When this is the case it doesn't matter how strong the punnishment is.

Younguns have a borderline mental illness with these phones. Had to nip into the toilets in Sainsbury's during a long drive home and some lad was looking at his mobile with one hand as he was having a piss at the urinal. For god's sake put the phone away for a second. :lol:

I've had to beep people crossing the road looking at their phones. They just look up at you, then back on their phones again. Ignorant zombies.

Last edited:
I don’t think women are poorer drivers. I just think they’re heavier users of social media and more likely to use their phone whilst driving. Especially at traffic lights.
Their spatial awareness is very poor because for years we've been trying to tell them that 5 inches is actually 10.

Younguns have a borderline mental illness with these phones. Had to nip into the toilets in Sainsbury's during a long drive home and some lad was looking at his mobile with one hand as he was having a piss at the urinal. For god's sake put the phone away for a second. :lol:

I've had to beep people crossing the road looking at their phones. They just look up at you, then back on their phones again. Ignorant zombies.
It’s an addiction. The secondary school kids walk head down, neck crooked and thumbs tapping.

Sad to see.

I had envisaged the first cop noting cars coming the other way where the drivers are on the phone, and relaying the message back to their colleague further down the road to pull them over but being alert to film the driver on camera for prosecution evidence.

The sneakiest ones are like an earlier poster said. You can see their eyes are looking fown at the lap where their phone is while they are driving.

Great news that there are police teams out doing this. It just seems to be like the offending motorists perceive the chances of being caught are slim to nil. When this is the case it doesn't matter how strong the punnishment is.

The teams doing this are normal roads policing units. Same thing theyve done for years. For me its not necessarily women. Id say van and tipper drivers are worst offenders for both phones and seatbelts.
Dont need prosecution evidence. It helps but if i see a mobile phone in use, they're getting a ticket. Up to them if they wish to take it to court in which case ill give evidence. Up to the judge/magistrate who they believe.

Far greater danger are the cancer of the road, cyclists.
Yeah. Less than 100kg riding at 20mph are a danger over a 1500kg car at 30mph.

Let's go through a scenario analysis.

Biker hits 3y old

Car hits 3y old

Which, probability based, would end up with the child dead?

I saw a question on the chase the other day, that a 14 year old in France can drive an electric citroen ami on a provisional licence. Not fast mind, but imagine the damage the youths in Britain would do on the roads.

I saw a question on the chase the other day, that a 14 year old in France can drive an electric citroen ami on a provisional licence. Not fast mind, but imagine the damage the youths in Britain would do on the roads.

:lol: - not cool for the teenage hipsters over here mind.

Back