Driving and phones

Bloody brilliant news.

Checking your phone at lights is also very dangerous. People, especially kids, cross between cars and if you aren’t paying attention, it’s very easy to knock them over.

Just keep your phone out of sight and wait until you’re home. Nothings important enough to have to use it whilst driving.
On the road you need to check things on the go so I just think checking a quick email or sending a text while stationary should be OK. I know why they do it so it's absolutely clear that you can't use a phone regardless. And yes it's annoying when the one on front does not react to green like because they are in their phones
Here's a thing.......just pull over ?? 🤔
Not always possible, times this by 10 you'd extend your day far longer. Bit like if a delivery man didn't speed about deliveries would be late and so would the driver. Shite but true. Glad I don't need to drive about any more

Last edited:

Out on the road all the time as a sales rep. Hands free for calls. Texts and emails can wait until I'm parked up. Told everyone that. If it's urgent, call. If not, you will have to wait.
That way it doesn't interrupt Sky Sports on SkyGo 🤣🤣🤣

Not always possible, times this by 10 you'd extend your day far longer. Bit like if a delivery man didn't speed about deliveries would be late and so would the driver. Shite but true. Glad I don't need to drive about any more
Yeah fair point.......people should just crack on and use their phones while on the move then :rolleyes:

Depends how long you’re driving. If it’s 8 hours a day then stuff can be fairly important. Although I use speech to text CarPlay these days, I still send dozens of messages while commuting.
I drive all day every day for work, not once have I used my phone whilst driving.

I value my job, and the lives of others ahead of checking my emails or sending a text.

I received and answered 63 messages on the way to work today. As I said I’m not typing them, but multiply that by a working day and see why so many drivers don’t pull over to reply. They’d never get anywhere
I drive all day every day for work, not once have I used my phone whilst driving.
I value my job, and the lives of others ahead of checking my emails or sending a text.
I find that mad in itself. What if you miss something important?

Last edited:
I received and answered 63 messages on the way to work today. As I said I’m not typing them, but multiply that by a working day and see why so many drivers don’t pull over to reply. They’d never get anywhere

If I’m expecting something important, I’ll pull over and check.

If my phone goes mental unexpectedly, I’ll pull over and check.

If I’m expecting something important, I’ll pull over and check.

If my phone goes mental unexpectedly, I’ll pull over and check.
You do realise if you stick it on the windscreen you can read your messages hands free, then pull over to reply if needed.
However, Spotify really needs to sort out it’s CarPlay interface. The search function is crap.

Last edited:

Christ, how long is your commute?

Utter nonsense. Nothing so important it is worth replying to. If you are replying to emails on your commute to work you are either understaffed or it’s a capability issue if you can’t get through them at work?

It’s very easy to put an out of office on your email when you’re travelling.

If it’s urgent, people can call you.

Even using hands free for calls is distracting. I’ve done calls hands free and you aren’t 100% aware of your surroundings while doing a call hands free.

Back