Drinking habits that annoy you

People who want to set up a kitty
People who buy spirits in a round
People who drink spirits instead of pints
People who bow out when the night is young
People who drop the shoulder
People who won’t hold your pint while you go for a piss/tab
People who won’t wait for you to finish your tab and march into the pub to order the round before you’ve had a chance to peruse the real ale selection.
People who leave half of their pint in every pub
People who won’t neck their drink when someone announces “next pub
People who, when you say “I’m finished. I’ll just pop for a tab/piss and meet you outside”, stay where they are and carry on gassing so you have to come all the way back in the pub to chivvy them along
People who want to stay in the same pub for more than 2 drinks.
People who won’t go in a certain pub because “the beer is crap”
People who ask for a taster
People who ask for a dimpled pint pot instead of a glass
People who get edgy and start fights
People who need a tactical spew to get through the night
People who get so pissed they need sending home/ putting in a taxi
People who try to pay with their phone but can’t get it to work.
People who won’t go in a certain pub for a stupid reason eg the toilet smells

Have I missed anything?
PRETTY MUCH BANG ON !

It works fine. People do go missing on a night out but soon get back in the fold using portable telephones for communicating. There may be some left in one pub while some have moved on. I assumed this was normal.
Bit odd just to fuck off without even attempting to see where someone has gone tbf. :lol:

Never understood someone who just nashes off home without sayin bye like. Weird behaviour.

It works fine. People do go missing on a night out but soon get back in the fold using portable telephones for communicating. There may be some left in one pub while some have moved on. I assumed this was normal.
Suppose it depends how big the group is. Bit shan when there are only 3 of you. And mobile phones have a habit of mysteriously stopping working after a certain time.

His point is it isn't only Sunderland.
I never thought it was, it’s just the only place I’d seen that type of behaviour. To be fair, I’ve spent most of my drinking life north of the border and the culture may be different.
Was merely pointing out that it goes on everywhere mate. Apologies if I've upset you. x
See above. Keep your kisses to yourself though.

Last edited:
People

So how are people supposed to know whether you’ve nashed off or you’re just elsewhere in the pub when it’s time to move on?

Yet strangely, we only do pub crawls. Every group of friends I’ve ever gone out with, every girlfriend, has been the same. The only time we ever stay in the same pub is if we’re watching a match or summat. Even going to ‘the local’ on a Friday night involves 3-4 pubs and several taxi rides. I went out with our lass last week - 6 pubs; went to a gig this week - 7 pubs. Nobody ever suggests just staying in the same place.
3-4 pubs is normal for a night out. The one pint per pub thing is odd if you’re doing a marathon session though, by your own admission you’d be in 12 pubs over the night.
That wouldn't happen for a small group. It is dependent on the size of the group of people.
Big groups are a pest to keep together and in drink sync. We tend to split the rounds if there’s more than 6 or so out.

Last edited:
Cracking thread Mr Herbal.

Christmas drinkers (no you aren't funny and that jumper is shit).
Groups that clog up the bar, ordering and paying for one drink at a time.
Curly fries wankers.
People who stop in one place the whole day / night.
3-4 pubs is normal for a night out. The one pint per pub thing is odd if you’re doing a marathon session though, by your own admission you’d be in 12 pubs over the night.

Big groups are a pest to keep together and in drink sync. We tend to split the rounds if there’s more than 6 or so out.
We love a wander, one pint per pub and you catch up with far more people. It's a rarity for us to have two rounds in the same place.

Last edited:

Back