Drinking habits that annoy you

Somebody who just goes home when they've had enough without telling anybody.

I always take my card out but do prefer cash if I am out all day. Usually take & £100 out and if I have any notes left when I wake up the next day I'm happy.
Not when you see your bank balance and realize that you actually used your card in a number of bars and your happiness at still having some cash is a false one 😭

People who take a big swig out of a pint glass and then let half of it come back out of their mouth into the glass. Years ago one of my mates did this after eating a bag of peanuts. Half of the gobful of lager came back out into his glass full of fragments of peanuts. Then he decided he'd had enough and wanted to go home, so he said "here, you can have the rest of my pint" and emptied his peanut infused swill into my glass.

I've hardly spoken to the twit in the 35 years since! :evil:

I've never met your m8, but judging by this alone I think he's a Bell.
Sadly I think more bells will adopt this position and attitude.

Cash and ID were the only reasons i bothered with a wallet up until recently.
i generally use payment apps on my phone but still liked having some cash with me though since they've brought out a digital driver's licence where i live I don't need to carry any other ID around, so i've stopped taking my wallet out with me, which means no cash either.

i'm a bell it seems.

Sounds a bit like there is still a residue of “workies club” etiquette and expected behaviour clinging on , and some on this thread sound like Bobby Thomson !!
Drinking and social habits have changed massively since say the 70’s , choice and smoking etc

It means going home without telling anyone, leaving your mates to spend the next half hour searching the pub and texting you until they finally call off the search.
Guilty as charged. I'm pissed when I've had enough I go home. I'm never first though. I have never searched for anyone and dont expect people to look for me.
I never really got the wandering from rammed pub to rammed pub and having one drink in each one thing. It's a phenomena I've only witnessed in Sunderland.
Pub crawls are great and happen all over the country. Otley run is great fun.

I never really got the wandering from rammed pub to rammed pub and having one drink in each one thing. It's a phenomena I've only witnessed in Sunderland.

it was popular all over the NE back in the day, anywhere we went you had to cram as many pubs into the night as possible... it could have been an olympic sport. Durham was particularly painful due to the many hills around the town. up and down like a fiddler's elbow.

Guilty as charged. I'm pissed when I've had enough I go home. I'm never first though. I have never searched for anyone and dont expect people to look for me.

Aye, but that type of crawl is daft. Was on one where we went into a bar and it was six deep at the bar, took about 20 minutes to get served, we stood getting bumped into whilst finishing the drinks and then, just as it was getting a bit easier to move, someone in the group said sup up and we moved on to repeat the same process in a pub next door. Daft behaviour.

Much prefer a pub crawl where you get maybe 3 in one pub before moving on, and then only moving on because there's a reason e.g. you're meeting up with another group, the beer is a bit shit etc.
Can't have been to many places then.
Been to plenty places, just not into that one pint per pub mentality. It's just daft.

Aye, but that type of crawl is daft. Was on one where we went into a bar and it was six deep at the bar, took about 20 minutes to get served, we stood getting bumped into whilst finishing the drinks and then, just as it was getting a bit easier to move, someone in the group said sup up and we moved on to repeat the same process in a pub next door. Daft behaviour.

Much prefer a pub crawl where you get maybe 3 in one pub before moving on, and then only moving on because there's a reason e.g. you're meeting up with another group, the beer is a bit shit etc.

Been to plenty places, just not into that one pint per pub mentality. It's just daft.
As I'm getting older im happy to get a seat but still do a one pint per pub regime most nights out. It happens all over the country. It's great fun.

Thats usually young uns or those who don't really like alcohol, so happy to just fling owt down their necks.

Happens everywhere mind.

As someone else said, can't beat finding a cracking pub, with great selection and good atmosphere and settling in for a proper session.

Last edited:

Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield, Birmingham, Blackpool, Derby, Nottingham, Newcastle.......
The list is pretty endless of places I've seen it on weekends away in the last 25 years.

Thats usually young uns or those who don't really like alcohol, so happy to just fling owt down their necks.

Happens everywhere mind.

As someone else said, can't beat finding a cracking pub, with great selection and good atmosphere and settling in for a proper session.
You can like alcohol and still fling it down your neck on a night out with mates.
Also can get round a table for a night in a pub.

People

So how are people supposed to know whether you’ve nashed off or you’re just elsewhere in the pub when it’s time to move on?

Yet strangely, we only do pub crawls. Every group of friends I’ve ever gone out with, every girlfriend, has been the same. The only time we ever stay in the same pub is if we’re watching a match or summat. Even going to ‘the local’ on a Friday night involves 3-4 pubs and several taxi rides. I went out with our lass last week - 6 pubs; went to a gig this week - 7 pubs. Nobody ever suggests just staying in the same place.

Last edited:

Back