Drinking habits that annoy you

"Can I get........"
What, Do you mean you want to go behind the bar an fetch your own drinks? No you can't f***ing "get"!
Try again and ask politely.

That wouldn't happen for a small group. It is dependent on the size of the group of people.
I’ve got a mate who used to do it every week when there were only 3 or 4 of us out. The tit.
3-4 pubs is normal for a night out. The one pint per pub thing is odd if you’re doing a marathon session though, by your own admission you’d be in 12 pubs over the night.

Big groups are a pest to keep together and in drink sync. We tend to split the rounds if there’s more than 6 or so out.
12 pubs isn’t that unusual for a standard night out, never mind a marathon session. Although I’d say 10 is probably the average. If you’re out from say 8 til 2, that’s only 1 pub/pint per half hour.
Oooo look at me, I'm such a blerkkk.. I love tabs and real ale sections
Too right. I’d like life reset to the 1970s please.

Last edited:
I’ve got a mate who used to do it every week when there were only 3 or 4 of us out. The tit.

12 pubs isn’t that unusual for a standard night out, never mind a marathon session. Although I’d say 10 is probably the average. If you’re out from say 8 til 2, that’s only 1 pub/pint per half hour.

Few tabs whilst having a pint

Thats usually young uns or those who don't really like alcohol, so happy to just fling owt down their necks.

Happens everywhere mind.

As someone else said, can't beat finding a cracking pub, with great selection and good atmosphere and settling in for a proper session.

Much prefer this to going from pub to pub.

Catch is Sunderland City centre doesn't have 12 good pubs. Which means you're leaving a good un at some point to go to a shit one. And just for the sake of it given you said you get twitchy if you spend too long any one place.
Much prefer this to going from pub to pub.

Yup. Tend to save pub crawls for weekends away with the troops.

Last edited:
Catch is Sunderland City centre doesn't have 12 good pubs. Which means you're leaving a good un at some point to go to a shit one. And just for the sake of it given you said you get twitchy if you spend too long any one place.

Yup. Tend to save pub crawls for weekends away with the troops.
That’s a matter of opinion though. I’m sure most people under 30 and women aren’t bothered about cracking ale selections. We aren’t terribly prejudiced when we go out. We’ll go in the dun cow and fitzies just as happily as Easy St or Glitterball.

That’s a matter of opinion though. I’m sure most people under 30 and women aren’t bothered about cracking ale selections. We aren’t terribly prejudiced when we go out. We’ll go in the dun cow and fitzies just as happily as Easy St or Glitterball.

Fair point. Like I said, if we are somewhere where it's arranged to be a crawl, fair enough. Those nights tend to be more about getting blitzed than owt else and tend to be more for birthdays or weekends away. Usually though, the norm is more plonking ones arse down somewhere decent and getting stuck in.

Each to their own though Herbs. Keep up the good fight.
Aye. Why waste time walking?

So if you're doing three or four pubs say round Roker (as you said local) that usually involves several taxis? Most pubs are within strolling distance. And offer you a chance for your much needed tab.

Last edited:
Fair point. Like I said, if we are somewhere where it's arranged to be a crawl, fair enough. Those nights tend to be more about getting blitzed than owt else and tend to be more for birthdays or weekends away. Usually though, the norm is more plonking ones arse down somewhere decent and getting stuck in.

Each to their own though Herbs. Keep up the good fight.

So if you're doing three or four pubs say round Roker (as you said local) that usually involves several taxis? Most pubs are within strolling distance. And offer you a chance for your much needed tab.
Taxi from the bell to Roker and one home, occasionally an extra in between if it’s raining or summat.
And you say “nights getting blitzed”. What other kind are there?

Last edited:
Taxi from the bell to Roker and one home, occasionally an extra in between if it’s raining or summat.
And you say “nights getting blitzed”. What other kind are there?

Peter Pan man, we've had these discussions before. Some folk like to enjoy a few proper decent pints, and catch up with others or relax. Not everyone is simply looking to get as many drinks as they can for the money they've got with the aim of pissing the bed.
If you have to have a pub crawl why not wander along to East Coast from the Bell, then into the boat before cutting across and down to the Cliff and so on?

Peter Pan man, we've had these discussions before. Some folk like to enjoy a few proper decent pints, and catch up with others or relax. Not everyone is simply looking to get as many drinks as they can for the money they've got with the aim of pissing the bed.
Dunno what's happened to the quotes there mind. Must be pissed.

Last edited:

Dunno what's happened to the quotes there mind. Must be pissed.
We used to do stuff like that, but one of our party can’t walk any distance so we’ve had to adapt.
And nowadays you can get decent pints pretty much everywhere so you no longer have to go to “real” pubs to get real ale. You can still session on strong ales like.

people who move pubs every half hour simply cannot be trusted. if i was in a bar on a weekend night, and a group of 6+ blokes came in, had one pint each, and left, i'd think that each and every one of them was a virgin

Cracking thread Mr Herbal.

Christmas drinkers (no you aren't funny and that jumper is shit).
Groups that clog up the bar, ordering and paying for one drink at a time.
Curly fries wankers.
People who stop in one place the whole day / night.

We love a wander, one pint per pub and you catch up with far more people. It's a rarity for us to have two rounds in the same place.

Secret Virgin LOL
people who move pubs every half hour simply cannot be trusted. if i was in a bar on a weekend night, and a group of 6+ blokes came in, had one pint each, and left, i'd think that each and every one of them was a virgin

:lol:

People who want to set up a kitty
People who buy spirits in a round
People who drink spirits instead of pints
People who bow out when the night is young
People who drop the shoulder
People who won’t hold your pint while you go for a piss/tab
People who won’t wait for you to finish your tab and march into the pub to order the round before you’ve had a chance to peruse the real ale selection.
People who leave half of their pint in every pub
People who won’t neck their drink when someone announces “next pub
People who, when you say “I’m finished. I’ll just pop for a tab/piss and meet you outside”, stay where they are and carry on gassing so you have to come all the way back in the pub to chivvy them along
People who want to stay in the same pub for more than 2 drinks.
People who won’t go in a certain pub because “the beer is crap”
People who ask for a taster
People who ask for a dimpled pint pot instead of a glass
People who get edgy and start fights
People who need a tactical spew to get through the night
People who get so pissed they need sending home/ putting in a taxi
People who try to pay with their phone but can’t get it to work.
People who won’t go in a certain pub for a stupid reason eg the toilet smells

Have I missed anything?
People

Back