Drinking habits that annoy you

Cash and ID were the only reasons i bothered with a wallet up until recently.
i generally use payment apps on my phone but still liked having some cash with me though since they've brought out a digital driver's licence where i live I don't need to carry any other ID around, so i've stopped taking my wallet out with me, which means no cash either.

i'm a bell it seems.
You dont qualify i'm afraid unless you're taking the pi$$ out of everday cash users

Who is he? What's the back story?
Some family kicking off in the Echo about how Christmas was ruined due to the quality of a Christmas Dinner they got in a grotty pub. Can't remember the exact details but they were after compo despite only spending about £50 on eight meals. That was a picture of the Grandad who had been treated to his dinner and he looked sick of his life. :lol:

You dont qualify i'm afraid unless you're taking the pi$$ out of everday cash users

still like to have cash in my pocket (wallet) but feeling more an more like I don't need it as I hardly use it. no problem with anyone else using cash though. trying to teach my kids the value of money so it's really important for them to have cash to spend, to get used to having it and more importantly NOT having it (wasting it on shite) :)

people who move pubs every half hour simply cannot be trusted. if i was in a bar on a weekend night, and a group of 6+ blokes came in, had one pint each, and left, i'd think that each and every one of them was a virgin
Or conversely, people who stay in the same pub all night have given up on life.

or have the attention span greater than a gold fish. each to their own but i like to get settled, get into a rhythm, and build an unspoken rapport with the bar staff
Dunno. I guess that when you’ve never really done the one pub thing then it seems boring by comparison. But when I’m out local, for example, I might meet different people I know in each pub. Staying in the same pub I might meet nobody. Even back in the day when the Bell was our main pub and it seemed we knew everyone in there, we’d still go to windmills and the club for a bit variety. I’m not sure I understand the rhythm thing you speak of either. You drink your pint then get another one. It doesn’t make any difference if you’re in the same pub or the next one does it? In fact I’d go the opposite way and say I’d drink less in the same pub, as there’s no incentive to sup up. And why an unspoken rapport? Surely in the same pub you build a spoken rapport cos they get to know you?

still like to have cash in my pocket (wallet) but feeling more an more like I don't need it as I hardly use it. no problem with anyone else using cash though. trying to teach my kids the value of money so it's really important for them to have cash to spend, to get used to having it and more importantly NOT having it (wasting it on shite) :)
Buy them a copy of rich dad poor dad :) if theyre old enough

Although it's widely acknowledged by most that you don't 'queue' at a bar in a line, it pisses me right off when people don't offer others who have been clearly stood there for a while to be served first if they've just bulldozed straight in.

Groups of women who order 2/3 cocktails each when the bar is already packed full of people just wanting a pint.

People who wave/flash money aggressively in front of bar staff thinking it's going to make them get served faster, just look like bellends.

Although it's widely acknowledged by most that you don't 'queue' at a bar in a line, it pisses me right off when people don't offer others who have been clearly stood there for a while to be served first if they've just bulldozed straight in.

Groups of women who order 2/3 cocktails each when the bar is already packed full of people just wanting a pint.

People who wave/flash money aggressively in front of bar staff thinking it's going to make them get served faster, just look like bellends.

Agree with the first one.

It annoys me when people do queue in a line though. Not the common practice and you can guarantee if you join the back the whole thing will fall apart by the time you're at the front.

Smokers. Real ale 'connoiseurs'. People who smoke. People who constantly want to be 'moving on'. People who mither-on when non-smokers fuck off to another pub (to try to get shot of the stinky smokers) without informing anyone via the medium of dance, loud-hailer, text or email, just because they went out for a tab.

May be more of an American thing, but guys who drink wine in the pub. FFS just have a pint man. Oh that and Craft Ale Snobs.... Oh and bar staff wanting to chuck half a bloody orange in my beer.

I'm confused, why does the smokers pint have to be held in hand by AN other instead of being placed on the table??

Also why not take your pint with you when you go for a smoke like any normal person?
May be more of an American thing, but guys who drink wine in the pub. FFS just have a pint man. Oh that and Craft Ale Snobs.... Oh and bar staff wanting to chuck half a bloody orange in my beer.
Wine is damn tasty, why are you so concerned with what other people are drinking?

I'm confused, why does the smokers pint have to be held in hand by AN other instead of being placed on the table??

Also why not take your pint with you when you go for a smoke like any normal person?

Wine is damn tasty, why are you so concerned with what other people are drinking?
Just looks strange... Watching the footy, and one fella drinking a chardonnay while the rest of us are on pints.

can anyone actually like that piss they put the orange in? it tastes of absolutely nothing , they charge a fortune for it and mostly drank by tossers.

Back