Dreambox - Beginning of the End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparantlu not reading techkings , the new zgemma is top quality with onyx skin and full iptv with epg ?
iv got the zgemma h2h was using it for sat till it went tits up. now switched it to cable as it has both tuners. havnt bothered with the iptv side of it as i use a shield. noticed an iptv app is on there but doesent look up to much, might have a mess on with it to see if its any good.

iv got the zgemma h2h was using it for sat till it went tits up. now switched it to cable as it has both tuners. havnt bothered with the iptv side of it as i use a shield. noticed an iptv app is on there but doesent look up to much, might have a mess on with it to see if its any good.
am not sure if they are using the iptv plug in , think they are adding bouquets from m3u file.

i'm now thinking i can do this myself rather than paying someone .

Last question then if i may - what boxes is everyone using? looking for recomendations - would prefer linux (libreelec or openelec) rather than shitty android.

Ta

I've only ever had a firestick mate so can't help you there. I'm sure @ontap or @Sleepy will be able to help.

mate has just rang me saying he knows someone who re flashes your now redundant sat box to put IPTV on, meaning you keep your old box, says it doesn't buffer or kick out like kodi does
anybody know anything about this ?

mate has just rang me saying he knows someone who re flashes your now redundant sat box to put IPTV on, meaning you keep your old box, says it doesn't buffer or kick out like kodi does
That is what I have done. Buffering can still happen. Depends on your supplier and setup.

That's what this threads about. Get an iptv sub and stick it on the box.. It depends on how reliable the provider is if you get kicked out a lot or not though.

I've tried both and the zgemma 2s was rubbish for iptv. Might be better with the newer models

That's what this threads about. Get an iptv sub and stick it on the box.. It depends on how reliable the provider is if you get kicked out a lot or not though.

I've tried both and the zgemma 2s was rubbish for iptv. Might be better with the newer models
The streams work fine on my 2s but the menus are slow and clunky.

thanks lads
ATM, I am running with sports nation on an android box, its OK..... spits out now and again which is annoying though
I just a want to re use my vu duo 2 which i paid a lot of money for, plus is records and rewinds etc

thanks lads
ATM, I am running with sports nation on an android box, its OK..... spits out now and again which is annoying though
I just a want to re use my vu duo 2 which i paid a lot of money for, plus is records and rewinds etc
it will work well on there. Not sure about recording though. Not managed to get that working on my zgemma but I haven't looked into it properly either.

hmmm. so i could add my bdl m3u file to the zgemma. il check it out and let yous know.

Yep, you can mate.

I've only ever had a firestick mate so can't help you there. I'm sure @ontap or @Sleepy will be able to help.

@SAFC2403 What do you need from the box? That'll help decide best route to go.

Sat box isn't redundant, just won't give you anything with 28.2, there's lots of satellites out there if you want to dabble...

Also just install Kodi, or plug IPTV feeds into your box via plugins, it's nothing revolutionary just another function.

And be wary of people saying it doesn't buffer or kick out like Kodi does, Kodi is the software, just like you will have on your box, it's the provider who will dictate if it'll buffer or kick you out, not Kodi.

thanks lads

Recording, rewinding etc is down to the provider and/or software as well mind - you may not be able to do it.

Pretty much everything you need is on catchup tho these days.

What sort of stuff do you watch on Sat? Thought about a motor? Or just pointing your dish at 19.2 maybe? Sky DE still fully open...all HD as well...

Last edited:
thanks for your replies lads
I use the record as its easy to do it I suppose, and as you say sleeps, most stuff is on catch up anyway
just guts me to know I paid nigh on 400 quid for a recordable box that now won't, but...... hey ho I suppose

did my own mate , but you need at least a ZGemma H2h or s , older sat boxes cant hack streaming of iptv , slow as hell buffer, and the epg sticks etc , absoulte waste of time on older boxes , my cloud ibox is 3yr old and it cant handle iptv am looking at getting the latest zgemma and selling my shield now that the epeg on sat box can be set up for all iptv channels.

did my own mate , but you need at least a ZGemma H2h or s , older sat boxes cant hack streaming of iptv , slow as hell buffer, and the epg sticks etc , absoulte waste of time on older boxes , my cloud ibox is 3yr old and it cant handle iptv am looking at getting the latest zgemma and selling my shield now that the epeg on sat box can be set up for all iptv channels.

Just be careful mate as most sat boxes are nowhere near as powerful as devices like the shield..

Just be careful mate as most sat boxes are nowhere near as powerful as devices like the shield..
thats my worry to be fair , although been reading reviews from users who say their boxes are running great , its all down to epg , i stuck with "on-tapp" guid in kodi for a while but it just isnt a user freindly set up and its as good as an epg gets in kodi.

my shield is still very laggy on youtube and a few games. hardly use it tbh.

Yep, you can mate.

@SAFC2403 What do you need from the box? That'll help decide best route to go.

Sat box isn't redundant, just won't give you anything with 28.2, there's lots of satellites out there if you want to dabble...

Also just install Kodi, or plug IPTV feeds into your box via plugins, it's nothing revolutionary just another function.

And be wary of people saying it doesn't buffer or kick out like Kodi does, Kodi is the software, just like you will have on your box, it's the provider who will dictate if it'll buffer or kick you out, not Kodi.

Recording, rewinding etc is down to the provider and/or software as well mind - you may not be able to do it.

Pretty much everything you need is on catchup tho these days.

What sort of stuff do you watch on Sat? Thought about a motor? Or just pointing your dish at 19.2 maybe? Sky DE still fully open...all HD as well...
any guides on how to add the m3u file around?

thats my worry to be fair , although been reading reviews from users who say their boxes are running great , its all down to epg , i stuck with "on-tapp" guid in kodi for a while but it just isnt a user freindly set up and its as good as an epg gets in kodi.

Aye jus be careful it isn't those who have shelled out cash and don't want a bad word said against the box lol!

on-tapp guide is class, don't you like it mate? Especially if you just use it with something like ultimate mania, it's literally pre-built for it, just select that program list and it sets itself up.

Still using the external hard drive mate? I bet it's that. I plugged a 2TB usb3 drive in and extended my storage to that, it killed the shield behind belief. So I ditched it and stuck with internal storage and accessed the rest via LAN.

Check sat-universe or linuxsatsupport forums mate, they will have guides, don't have anything to hand. As you have the m3u access though you have a lot more options to play with,

Forgot all about BDL, anything new on it?

Last edited:

Aye jus be careful it isn't those who have shelled out cash and don't want a bad word said against the box lol!

on-tapp guide is class, don't you like it mate? Especially if you just use it with something like ultimate mania, it's literally pre-built for it, just select that program list and it sets itself up.

Still using the external hard drive mate? I bet it's that. I plugged a 2TB usb3 drive in and extended my storage to that, it killed the shield behind belief. So I ditched it and stuck with internal storage and accessed the rest via LAN.

Check sat-universe or linuxsatsupport forums mate, they will have guides, don't have anything to hand. As you have the m3u access though you have a lot more options to play with,

i just found it not easy to swap categories with it basically.

really mate, this thing is all singing and dancing tbf. I'll be gutted if it doesn't

aye still using the hd. for the times i use it il just plod on, just being picky realy its a great device overall.

yeah il check it out. bdl seems a lot better recently when i have flicked it on. i use the tv addon on kodi and it works well and a good layout with epg. miles better than it was.

gona have a play with the zgemma and add it to that, probley the weekend. working great with cable mind all hd back which is class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back