Dreambox - Beginning of the End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

got a trial of iptv on my openbox. seems to crash the box every 5 minutes so it's completely pointless. also half the channels had no sound:rolleyes:

got a trial of iptv on my openbox. seems to crash the box every 5 minutes so it's completely pointless. also half the channels had no sound:rolleyes:
I have a months trial on my zgemma. Looks ok although the EPG is shite and I can't record.

I have a months trial on my zgemma. Looks ok although the EPG is shite and I can't record.
there is no epg on the openbox. just a list of channels. I could get a better box but the service is so shit there is no point. unless it's my provider.

there is no epg on the openbox. just a list of channels. I could get a better box but the service is so shit there is no point. unless it's my provider.
Got to be your provider or the open box or combo of the 2.

My iptv is spot on using either my fire tv box or Sony smart tv.

I will try this out for the month and if it is anygood I will let you know my providers details.

Got to be your provider or the open box or combo of the 2.

My iptv is spot on using either my fire tv box or Sony smart tv.

I have a Sony TV but I am using this on my zgemma. Is it a Sony Android you have. What app are you running the iptv through?

So many people seem hung up on recording. It really is a piece of cake now with an hour or 2s research. Any boxset type show is readily available on a number of apps. Any terrestrial stuff can easily be obtained through iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD etc.

So many people seem hung up on recording. It really is a piece of cake now with an hour or 2s research. Any boxset type show is readily available on a number of apps. Any terrestrial stuff can easily be obtained through iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD etc.
It is mainly sport. Specifically boxing and MMA I want to record. The American shows are on when I am in bed on Saturday nights. I like to watch them as soon as I get up to avoid seeing results but often I can't find them until dinnertime. Other than that I can live without recording but it is a nice feature to have.

I will try this out for the month and if it is anygood I will let you know my providers details.

I have a Sony TV but I am using this on my zgemma. Is it a Sony Android you have. What app are you running the iptv through?
Yeah Sony android , smart iptv app is spot on , you can try it for a week and then it's about 3 quid to buy

Is there a EPG on it mate?
Some of the channels do have it but not all of them.

To be honest if your coming from an open box or similar to iptv you'll be a bit disappointed with the epg function on it compared to that. I think theres ways to get a half decent one Setup on it but from what I remember when i looked it seemed a right arse on to Setup and maintain cos providers change their channels sources and add/remove channels all the time.

Maybe get a radio times or summit to go alongside it :)

Some of the channels do have it but not all of them.

To be honest if your coming from an open box or similar to iptv you'll be a bit disappointed with the epg function on it compared to that. I think theres ways to get a half decent one Setup on it but from what I remember when i looked it seemed a right arse on to Setup and maintain cos providers change their channels sources and add/remove channels all the time.

Maybe get a radio times or summit to go alongside it :)
It is more for foreign channels. Can find the info online like but a proper EPG is better. Will use the one I have for this month then see what happens.

what box ?
I have an enigma2 bx its sitting on a shelf in the garage , I watch everything in iptv on android , i tried iptv on the sat box it was crap far too slow , the latest zgemma supposedly can hack it but i dont see the point , now that sat watching is finished may as well get the correct box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back