Donald on BBC Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know mate. All I’ve read is people flying off the handle. I’m no accountant so would like to get facts first. Everyone seemed to respect @Grumpy Old Man wjen it suited them, now when the pitch forks are out nobody appears to be listening to his opinion.
Spot on mate,they just ignore what he states now.Also it doesnt matter what sd says on the wireless it will be ripped by the sharks on here
I don’t know mate. All I’ve read is people flying off the handle. I’m no accountant so would like to get facts first. Everyone seemed to respect @Grumpy Old Man wjen it suited them, now when the pitch forks are out nobody appears to be listening to his opinion.
Spot on mate,they just ignore what he states now.Also it doesnt matter what sd says on the wireless it will be ripped by the sharks on here

so good a said it twice

Last edited:

Hopefully he will explain some stuff because I can’t see how a loan is a good idea from the clubs point of view.

Strikes me as the last gamble and one they need to take.

If it's true they wanted more than they are being offered for the club then this is a roll of the dice.

Don't make a success of it, fail to repay, and they lose the club for the loan amount. Sort things out and pay the debt back then they can renegotiate from a better position.

Not an expert but that's the best sense I can make of it.

Used as a deficit in the running of the club. Wage bill/running of the club was more than the income. So it was used for that. That is what it was designed for also, not to buy players. Its designed to help clubs plug the gap from earning ££££ in the premier league to a smaller amount in Championship/League 1
I'll take your argument on plugging the gap on running costs, but in this case the Parachute wasn't used for that.

Tbh I am pleased hes come out of hiding. Just don't think that was doing anybody any good.

Will be very interested in what he says. But in many ways it will be largely incidental in the main part as we can all see that the squad is an absolute mess at the moment with very little money available to address that.

I feel he's very much in damage limitation territory now.
Very little money did you miss GOM saying all the money has been passed down to the club

GOM has confirmed it's a secured loan.

I'm not sure what extra info your looking for. The club has taken on debt not investment

Certain forms of debt (long-term debentures in the main) can be treated as capital (ie investments) on the company balance sheet. These tend to be characterised by convertibility into shares. The presence of a bail-in clause in the charge document (which Mrs G, who's been involved in much more capital work than I have, has never seen before) suggests that convertibility may form part of the loan agreement (which doesn't have to be filed, and we will never see). There's no way of being sure until we see a balance sheet.

Your posts in this thread have been confrontational and angry, mind!
We’re all concerned and pissed off. Fighting amongst ourselves is utterly pointless, we all want the same thing for our club, after all.

Strikes me as the last gamble and one they need to take.

If it's true they wanted more than they are being offered for the club then this is a roll of the dice.

Don't make a success of it, fail to repay, and they lose the club for the loan amount. Sort things out and pay the debt back then they can renegotiate from a better position.

Not an expert but that's the best sense I can make of it.
I can’t see how the club is ever going to be in a position to pay back a £10m loan while also progressing. That means either they pay it back from their own pockets or lose the club which means it’s really only a cash flow thing. I can’t see why we would need a loan now.

What will the Donald say then...lets all guess.

How Parkinson was the outstanding candidate?

SAFC supporters are great but expect too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back