Donald on BBC Newcastle

So people complain hes gone into hiding now hes doing an interview and people still complain

The transparently cynical timing of it has people annoyed, and confirms he had no other reason to hide than he didn't like criticism.

As soon as Charlie makes a mess of the narrative by misleading people and pissing them off Don is back to tell us all things are great. Must have gotten over being scared of his own shadow.

I’m not defending him but I’m not throwing him under the bus either. There seems to be a lot has been said over the last few months not only by Stewart but by the press, forum members and CM and it’s time for straight answers.

Maybe I’m being naive but the real naivety was the approach they initially took. We cried out for transparency and all was well until the results didn’t match the PR effort. I’m not going to act like a child or the current Trump style attitude of shouting things I want to believe loudly so I can’t hear opinion.

People saying he needs to grow a pair!

He will though, like he explained the Takeover, the investment, the biggest budget, the 100 points. He will say exactly what will pacify the majority, but reality, not likely.
Sorry but doesn’t appear that anyone actually knows the score on the investment/loan debacle. Maybe we will finally get answers. The other stuff is an owner trying to be positive. Fuck me im not saying the bloke isn’t in the wrong I just want to hear the full story not just throw my toys out the pram like most on here seem to be doing.

It’s not f***ing deluded! I want answers, I want action, all you have mentioned is f***ing results and belief the players know something, have a word you prick, this is football not reality TV

Is the loan secured against the AOL and SOL not enough of an answer?

Wonder if the fan meltdown on here and other social media has prompted this rushed interview? That said, you can't believe a thing he says, so he might as well have stayed in hiding.

Givower man. No ones complaining that he’s actually doing an interview as you well realise. They’re complaining it’s gonna be a tummy tickling exercise with any differences between the gospels of Charlie n Stewie papered over.

There are a handful of posters who won't have a word said about the hierarchy. They wouldnt under Short, and they won't now under these two.

How can they look at the mess we are in, and the fact they've defended those responsible to the hilt, and not realize they might just be wrong?

I wonder if there is a level we could reach where they ever dare say boo to the boss.

I don’t know mate. All I’ve read is people flying off the handle. I’m no accountant so would like to get facts first. Everyone seemed to respect @Grumpy Old Man wjen it suited them, now when the pitch forks are out nobody appears to be listening to his opinion.

GOM has confirmed it's a secured loan.

I'm not sure what extra info your looking for. The club has taken on debt not investment

I don’t know mate. All I’ve read is people flying off the handle. I’m no accountant so would like to get facts first. Everyone seemed to respect @Grumpy Old Man wjen it suited them, now when the pitch forks are out nobody appears to be listening to his opinion.

Has he given an opinion? Sounds like he's just pointed out it is a loan that could be tied to the club and see it change hands (not what CM told us) and that it isn't necessarily bad.

Don't think he has stated it looks good.

‘Don’t worry about it’

‘Understanding fans frustration’

‘We are working really hard’

There are a handful of posters who won't have a word said about the hierarchy. They wouldnt under Short, and they won't now under these two.

How can they look at the mess we are in, and the fact they've defended those responsible to the hilt, and not realize they might just be wrong?

I wonder if there is a level we could reach where they ever dare say boo to the boss.

Highly doubtful.

Tbh I am pleased hes come out of hiding. Just don't think that was doing anybody any good.

Will be very interested in what he says. But in many ways it will be largely incidental in the main part as we can all see that the squad is an absolute mess at the moment with very little money available to address that.

I feel he's very much in damage limitation territory now.

Back