Donald on BBC Newcastle

Aye, I'm one of Donald's biggest critics on here, but on the basis of that interview i'm not totally giving up on him just yet. I hear a lot of passion in him and thats not a bad thing....

passion, maybe but that may well be sparked by what he says that he stands to lose his money should it go tits up. If this is the case and I think you can take a lot of the things he and his partner say with a pinch of salt then of course he is going to be protective and passionate about his money. He is owner of a fantastic club so he should be passionate about it but the talking the podcasts the promises of this and that needs to stop, we only care about our final league position so he needs to back Parky in January or it’s play offs at best.
So it started out as a takeover, then investment, and now it’s a loan. We got there in the end.

we have heard so many versions of this now that I don’t think anyone is 100% sure what went on but still, we have some investment and the reasons for it seem a little shady to me but still. Now we need to push on and get promoted fuxk all else matters does it. He will be judged by our league position in May

Last edited:
Aye, I'm one of Donald's biggest critics on here, but on the basis of that interview i'm not totally giving up on him just yet. I hear a lot of passion in him and thats not a bad thing....

Agree with that. I've been very critical of him recently because ultimately what matters is on the pitch and just about every aspect of that is poor, currently if we go up I'd see it as a fluke in a poor league rather than being the result of good decisions taken.

That being said I'm a bit surprised at the fairly negative reaction to the interview. It was as near as we're going to get to confirmation that FPP are intending being much more involved down the line, he admitted mistakes, he shot down the "abuse" stuff that Methven was fairly strongly levelling at the support, he sounded passionate and engaged. This isn't to say that I suddenly think he'll turn it around, I still think he's out of his depth here, but I don't think he's a chancer, he's not here just to make a quick buck imo and the Americans have trusted him to spend their money so we should try and get behind him and the rest at the club and hope it bears fruit. I do hope Parkinson has a quick way of getting some results mind, the players will come in for a lot of stick if things continue as they have been

Let’s hope so mate, I just wish he’d muzzle his mate as he’s a walking pr black hole.

It's really odd like, especially given that Methven is in PR! I'd have thought that if something happened, like the owner suddenly shutting down communication, they'd have a meeting/ conversation, agree a "company line" regarding it, one that minimises bad reaction, and stick to it. So it's very surprising, and more than a little amateur looking, when we've got Methven clearly saying that Donald isn't doing talk ins or even attending games (none of us would know if he was there or not without Methven telling us that) because of abuse and then Donald coming out, giving a perfectly reasonable explanation for why he's been away, saying he's back now and reeling off a list of games he'll be attending.

It's really odd like, especially given that Methven is in PR! I'd have thought that if something happened, like the owner suddenly shutting down communication, they'd have a meeting/ conversation, agree a "company line" regarding it, one that minimises bad reaction, and stick to it. So it's very surprising, and more than a little amateur looking, when we've got Methven clearly saying that Donald isn't doing talk ins or even attending games (none of us would know if he was there or not without Methven telling us that) because of abuse and then Donald coming out, giving a perfectly reasonable explanation for why he's been away, saying he's back now and reeling off a list of games he'll be attending.
I don’t think we should be taken in too much by what either of them say. I think the strain has shown the last couple of months and they are at odds over what has really been happening. Clearly the way forward is to support and hope that Parky can achieve a level of decent performances and continuity. If not we are not going up and then the owners will need to address that failure also. It is all about results now that is all we all should care about, fuck the monorail the lifts and the stadium roof, it’s only results that count.

Back