donald love...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute shite .

He was another one of the ‘ex Man U, so he must be good’ brigade.
We are a sucker for that type

Part of our worst ever back four at Millwall in 2004 - Lynch, Collins, Caldwell, Collins
Friday night game? We were hideous that night, still don’t know how that team/ squad got promoted.

I’d give Jeff Whitley the worst player I’ve seen accolade, that penalty against palace haunts me still.

Loves poor but he isn’t as bad as he’s being made out here.

Players change too, look at nosworthy. He was f***ing woeful. Went from kicking a ball out for a corner from the half way line and trying to pick a ball up to take a throw when it’s still in play to a brilliant centre half.

Owt could happen, Ross could turn love in to a solid right back through hard work and coaching............or he will leave when his contract is up.

I’d give Jeff Whitley the worst player I’ve seen accolade, that penalty against palace haunts me still.

Loves poor but he isn’t as bad as he’s being made out here.

Players change too, look at nosworthy. He was f***ing woeful. Went from kicking a ball out for a corner from the half way line and trying to pick a ball up to take a throw when it’s still in play to a brilliant centre half.

Owt could happen, Ross could turn love in to a solid right back through hard work and coaching............or he will leave when his contract is up.

when did this happen like?

Yet another poor, poor footballer.
At least the current management seems to have recognised that we have at least as good / better in our Acadamy ranks and is giving them a chance, rather than splurging cash (that we don't / didn't have) on Z-listers.

Behave yourself ! He's hardly played man and even then in some games he was carrying an injury
Genuinely not looking for an argument here but did you see him in the games he played this season? He was an absolute liability. Heard nothing about him being injured in those games either. I'll stick to my original opinion. He looks worse in L1 than he did last year or the year before, when he put in 1 or two decent performances. No more than that mind. You might have more info on it than me but I have seen every game he's played and as far as a judgement on Donald Love goes its a big thumbs down for me.

Based on two games? One a 4-1 away win, and another we played an hour with ten men.
Fair challenge but yes I suppose so. That hour with 10 men was torture watching him.

Last edited:
Genuinely not looking for an argument here but did you see him in the games he played this season? He was an absolute liability. Heard nothing about him being injured in those games either. I'll stick to my original opinion. He looks worse in L1 than he did last year or the year before, when he put in 1 or two decent performances. No more than that mind. You might have more info on it than me but I have seen every game he's played and as far as a judgement on Donald Love goes its a big thumbs down for me.

Fair challenge but yes I suppose so. That hour with 10 men was torture watching him.
Fair enough, currently seems unlikely we'll see much more of him anyway even when fit. Matthews playing at least adequately and no doubt DL is on a substantial wage so we may be keen to shift him in Jan - if the SMB hasn't managed to deter any possible takers

Fair enough, currently seems unlikely we'll see much more of him anyway even when fit. Matthews playing at least adequately and no doubt DL is on a substantial wage so we may be keen to shift him in Jan - if the SMB hasn't managed to deter any possible takers

Don't know where this is coming from but hardly see him being on more than £10-15k a week.

Worst player I've ever seen for Sunderland. Genuinely .
Michael Ingham
Marc Wilson
Andy Gray
Bert Haas
Jon Stead
Roy O'Donovan
Ian Harte
Cristian Basilla
Jeff Whitley

To name but a few.....

He actually scored against us playing for Man U.
The majority are right he's shite , and we haven't missed him one bit
Made his debut against us, coming off the bench in the Kone 2-1 win in Feb 2016

Not the worst ever but he's not really getting better.
i remember that game v Porto u20s? Was horrendous in that tbh

The whole team were poor that day and we were under the cosh. It's harsh to judge him on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back